Ed Wood || Ed Wood #1

After a long day of shooting, all Ed wanted to do was have a nice drink at the local bar

After a long day of shooting, all Ed wanted to do was have a nice drink at the local bar. He was already onto his third drink, and it didn't look like he was going to stop there.

Ed had had a bad week, with Delores breaking up with him, his team complaining all the time and basically having no money, he just wished something good would happen.

Not too far down from where he was sitting, a woman walked in with a suit case in hand. Sitting a few seats away from Ed, the woman ordered herself a drink.

"Vodka martini, extra dry with a twist please" She ordered. Then she took out a cigarette, and went to light it but her lighter wasn't working. Ed, who had been watching her since she walked in, quickly got up and pulled out a match.

"Need a light, ma'am?" Ed smiled shyly. When the woman turned to him, Ed swore the oxygen left his lungs. She was even more beautiful up close.

"Thank you...?" She smiled, as he lit her cigarette.

"Edward D Wood Jr, or Ed if you'd like" He answered, taking her hand in his and kissed her knuckles. The woman let out a giggle, causing Ed's grin to widen.

"It's great to meet you, Ed. I'm Y/N, Y/N L/N" She smiled sweetly.

"Can i buy you another drink?" He asked, pointing to the now empty glass.

"Sure, thank you" Y/N answered.

And for the next hour, the two got to know each other. Y/N honestly loved being in Ed's presence, and vice versa. Ed had already grown to like Y/N, very much in fact. The bar was now closed, so the two decided to take a walk in the park.

"Have you ever thought of being in a movie?" Ed asked, as the two walked through the park.

"When i was a child, yes. But my parents didn't agree, which is why I'm a nurse" Y/N stated sadly. Ed could see that Y/N didn't seem happy with her life, and it made him sad.

"Well, I'm in the midst of creating a film now, i need a leading lady and i know for a fact you would be perfect" He suggested, and his heart leapt for joy when he saw Y/N's face beam with happiness.

"Oh my, you really think so?" She grinned, grabbing hold of his arm and looking into his brown eyes.

"You'd be perfect, darling" He smiled fondly.

Y/N couldn't believe it. She was going to be in a movie, and she honestly couldn't wait. After talking some more, Ed offered to take Y/N home which she appreciated. When they got to her apartment, Ed walked her to her door and the two stopped.

"I had a really good night, Ed. Honestly the best night I've had in a really long time" Y/N smiled happily, her eyes looking over Ed's handsome features.

"I couldn't agree more, Y/N. Hey, uh, i was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me? Tomorrow night at 7?" Ed asked nervously, while fiddling with his hands.

What he didn't expect was to feel a pair of lips on his cheek, making him look at the woman in surprise.

"I would love to, Ed. Again, thanks for tonight. Goodnight, Eddie" She smiled giving him another kiss on the cheek, then walked towards her door.

Ed just stood there with a blush on his cheeks, and a boyish grin graced on his face. As he walked to his car, he stopped when he remembered something important. Turning around quickly, he ran back to the woman.

"Hey, Y/N wait, i need to tell you something important. I really should've told you earlier, but um..." He said, pausing at the end. Y/N frowned worriedly, and placed a hand on his arm in comfort.

"What is it, Ed?" She asked, causing him to sigh.

"I--I like to wear women's clothes" He quickly said. Y/N was silent for a few seconds, before shrugging.

"Okay" Was all she said, making Ed look at her in shock.

"Okay? Yo-you're okay with it? You don't I'm fruity or whatever?" He wondered, gaining an amused laugh from the woman.

"Oh, Eddie. I don't care, and if you were gay you wouldn't have asked me out. I like you for who YOU are, Ed. Now I'll see you tomorrow at 7" Y/N smiled with a wave, then walked into her apartment.

Ed felt all giddy inside, feeling the happiest he's felt in a long time. Looks like his wish came true after all.