Warren Worthington III || X-Men #1

Y/N and Warren were a match made in heaven

Y/N and Warren were a match made in heaven. They had the same taste in music, humour and not to mention their love for leather jackets. So when they got together, it was no surprise to anyone that it happened. They were so close, so passionate, so honest with each other and they were in love.

Although, for Y/N honesty was hard. She told Warren bits of her back story, but not the gory details. Six months before they started dating, Y/N had been kidnapped by a very cruel man, who spent a month experimenting on the girl.

Y/N isn't actually sure what the man did, because nothing about her has changed other than the PTSD and nightmares.

It was a quiet night at the school, and Y/N was getting ready for bed while Warren showered. The girl had just put her shirt on, when she felt a sudden sharp pain run through her back. Gasping at the sudden pain, Y/N fell to her knees and cringed as the pain increased.

Hearing the noise, Warren poked his head out from the bathroom to see his girlfriend kneeling on the floor in pain.

"Babe? Are you okay?" He asked concerned, as he quickly put a pair of pants on and walked towards the girl. And just as he got closer to her, he flinched when an ear piercing scream echoed through out the room.

Warren's green eyes widened, when he saw her ribs and back bone's start to stick out of her back. He knew exactly what was happening, and he was terrified. He watched in fear, as a pair of black wings grew from his screaming girlfriends back. Quickly he ran towards her, and tried to get her to look at him.

"Baby, look at me. I know it's painful bu-" He started to say, but stopped when Y/N looked at him. His eyes widened even more as he watched a pair of horns grow out from her head, her nails growing into long black talons and her once green eyes were now pitch black.

Usually, any sane person would run and scream but not Warren. Even though Y/N didn't entirely look like herself, he was still his girl.

"Look at me, Y/N/N. Take deep breathes, okay. It'll be over soon" He cooed, as one hand held hers and the other rested against her cheek.

After a while longer, the fiery pain was now a throbbing pain. Y/N collapsed into Warren's arms and breathed heavily.

The girl didn't even need to turn to see what grew from her back. She saw that she had a pair of bloody black, feathery wings. Raising a shaky hand to her head, the girl could feel the horns on her head.

Y/N then turned to look at her full length mirror, and gasped loudly. There sat what looked to be something that belonged in the deepest depths of Hell. Her eyes were demonic, her nails look like they could almost put Logan's to shame, the curvy horns on her forehead and the giant wings that were spread out behind her just made her look worse.

She looked like a monster. A demon.

Quickly, Y/N pulled away from her boyfriend and scrambled away from him. Her breathing had picked up again, and she found herself backing into a corner. Her black eyes watched as Warren tried to get to her, but she stopped him.

"No! Stay back! I'm a monster" She cried out, as she hugged her legs to her chest.

"Baby, you're not a monster" The angel tried to reassure but it didn't do anything.

"L-look at me, I'm hideous. I'm a walking nightmare" Y/N was now sobbing, which made Warren cry. He hated seeing her so scared and upset. Yes, she looked different. But he thought she still looked beautiful.

"Listen to my voice, Y/N/N. Just try and calm down" He said carefully, as he slowly made his way towards her. When he noticed that she didn't try to stop him, he grabbed onto her hands.

"You're not hideous or a monster. I admit you look different, but i still find you stunning. You're still my badass girl, and i love you so much" Warren said, as he gently grazed his fingers over her face.

The Angel noticed that she had started calming down, her eyes, nails and horns went away but it seemed as though her wings stayed out.

"Thank you, Angel" She whimpered, leaning more into his touch.

"Anything for you, my love"