28. Earl

I walked the halls looking for the ambassador of Spain, "Mendoza!" I exclaimed when I came in front of the man, "Your Majesty." He bowed towards me, I pulled him up a bit to his feet.

"I have a question about the infanta of spain." "Catalina?" I looked at him, "Yes, the infanta Catalina. Does she have any kids?" I asked him, he turned his head to the side, "Well there is a boy in her care, but it's different than you think. May I ask why you ask?"

I froze, "Your Majesty?" He said, "A few years ago Catherine said she had laid with Henry, and it's been going through my mind since then." I told him, "Our Infanta is still a virgin I swear on my soul." I did not feel content with his answer, but did not press, "Thank you Ambassador Mendoza."

I let him go, "Your Majesty?" A lady said, "Yes, Lady Blount?" "The Earl of Warwick would like a audience with you." I stopped in my tracks, "Eddy is here?" I raised him for most his life till he turned 14 and was put on his own land.

"Where is he?" I asked her, "In the throne room, with the king." She finished, I ran towards the room so fast that I heard my ladies yell at me to slow down in order to keep the child okay.

I walked in to see my son and Edward greeting each other, "Her Majesty, Queen Helene of Valois!" Everyone bowed towards me, "Edward, how wonderful for you to join us." I said with a smile, "Your majesty, you get younger every time I see you."

I smiled, "No need for flattery dear,tell me how you travels were?" I asked him, he looked at me with a smile, "It was magnificent, I can't believe a place like Greece can be so magnificent." I laughed, "What about Spain?" I asked him hushed, "The princess Catherine has had a child for a while now, he strikes a resemblance to the king they say."

I stopped in my track, "How old?" I asked him, "A little but younger than Arthur, he does strike a resemblance to Catherine more than anyone I saw." He told me, "Thank you Earl, please go enjoy your home." He bowed to me and I waved him off, I had a bad feeling about the news that was brought to me.