24. 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐄

The night turned darker than before

The night turned darker than before. His stomach growled which indicated him to consume something. He was feeling a light headache which was the result of staying hungry for half of the day and now it was mid-night. 

The thought made him realise that she too hadn't have her dinner. Why will she when everyday he made her shed tears?

He was feeling enough of everything. He was tired of this cruelty he was showing on her. Everyday by any mean he breaks her heart and then overthink on every fucking thing.

Just forget everything! You need to give a chance to your happiness. Leave this hatred and move on for your love. Let the love win over hate.

His heart suggested and a tear slipped from the corner of his eye. He immediately wiped it off, it was strange. He never shed tears normally, yeah sometimes when he over drink but never in the normal condition.

It proves that you too are carving for love!

Again it was his heart but the mind adviced the opposite.

Atleast don't starve her for food, for the sake of humanity left in you.

He felt the urge and got up leaving for the kitchen. While passing from the corridor his ears sensed the soft sniffles and his heart clenched at the familiar voice. Who else it will be other than her.

He changed the direction and stepped towards her room. Yeah, they don't live in a same room. He made her stay in a small room at the apartment to give her pain and made her realise her position in his life.

The room was much small than his one, there was a single bed, a small balcony and some space left other than few furniture.

He came back to present and made sure than the door didn't make any voice. Reaching to the bed he saw her back facing him and the covers were on half of her body.

She was shivering not due to coldness but due to the over crying and nightmares she was nowadays frequently getting.

'He is like a brother to me!'

Her words printed in his mind as he couldn't help but feel guilty. But the thing he couldn't understand is why his claims affect her? She did wrong and yet it pains her like she never had done anything. Like she never left him for money, for someone else! Yeah he is doing wrong but she didn't do less. She had given him the biggest wound one could ever give to anyone.

But everytime he sees her this condition, his heart feels everything useless. Nothing matters to him more than her.

She again hiccuped between the soft and silent sobs. His attention diverted to her as he got over his knees and overstretched his trembling palm to her.