Chapter 16 || Special Enough (Kiss)

Yoongi's words keep ringing in Jiah's ears, increasing gradually with Jimin's hand is snaking around her waist. They're no longer in the restroom and that's what scares Jiah, wondering if she actually had the bitch inside her who'd let this flow just as easy as it sounded back in the restroom. Making her ex jealous might be a certified bitchy thing to do, but you don't see Jiah complaining.

Instead, she braces herself, getting comfortable against the warmth of her boss's hand that's burning her skin through the clothes. She picks up a smile, glancing up at him once before walking back to the party hall. Taehyung catches her eye within a moment, and it gives her a boost of energy, reading along his awkward expression. Although nothing is given off, because he's standing with a man and a woman, nodding at whatever they were saying, while his eyes are glued to Jiah.

She suppresses the urge to roll her eyes at him, distracted by Jimin who's leaning down with a plastered smile, "Stop looking at him," Right. She clears her throat, averting her eyes from the ex boyfriend and follows Jimin to the front where more people approach them eventually.

The party is long. Too long for Jiah's comfort as she comes to the realisation that maybe Jimin was just all talk, for he didn't really took any notice of all the disturbed and unpleasant looks Kim Taehyung gave them. She sighs, shifting on her heels and turns around, shaking her head, now more focused on the pain that's pinching her feet from standing for so long with those tall office heels. She puts her purse on the table nearby, and bends down subtly to adjust the straps of the sandals, sighing at the red marks left on her skin.

A hand stretches out in front of her, not even waiting for her to accept it and holds her hand gently, kneeling down to loosen the black straps like Jiah was struggling to do by herself. It's Park Jimin, glancing at her with his dark eyes, casting a haze for Jiah, making her gulp as she blinks a few times in surprise. "Are you okay?" His voice is soft, only for her to hear. But a lot more people were probably aware of what was going on since they all stared with wide eyes, watching Park Jimin on his knees, fixing his secretary's sandals just because her feet hurt. The girl must be special?

"Yeah... yes, I'm good," Jiah mumbles, holding his hand and pulls him up quickly, "What are you doing, sir? What will everyone thin-"

"It's okay, Jiah," He assures, "I can see you're not comfortable in those. I'm not as blind as you think I am,"

Jiah closes her eyes, sighing softly and nods to his words. Then it starts- the whispers and murmurs around them, suddenly reminding Jiah that Taehyung must be watching too. She looks back, finding the man leaning against a table, a drink in his hand, eyes on her. She ignores him in a mere second, getting her attention on Jimin again, who checks the time in his watch and picks up her purse from the table, "We should head out now. It's getting late,"

Finally! It's over! Jimin ignores the breath of relief that leaves Jiah's lips, making him shake his head. In the corner of his eyes, he's sure he saw Taehyung putting down his glass, heading outside as well. The staff bows to them, making way towards the elevator for Jimin and his secretary to pass. When a man steps in to attend them and probably help their way back to the car, Jimin dismisses him, sending an appreciative smile before taking all the job in his hands.

The doors of the elevator are about fo slide close when Taehyung steps in between, motioning his men to leave and enters the elevator, fixing his eyes on Jiah as if he hadn't spent half of the night stealing glances of her already. "Yes, Mr Kim?" Jimin tilts his head slightly upwards, maintaing a monotonous, not that intimidating yet, but enough to let Taehyung know that whatever he was here with wouldn't work.

"You've got a great a secretary, Mr Park," He says, standing beside them casually, hands tugged in his pockets as he doesn't let any expression leak from his face.