XIII. Pillow Talk

"You awake?" Your voice is hoarse as you ask, lifting your head off of his bare chest to study his face. While he looks asleep, you notice he isn't lightly snoring. He doesn't respond and you return to using him as a pillow. The sun hasn't fully risen yet, the sky is a murky blue as the sky slowly begins to brighten. 

        You let your fingers dance on his chest, drawing random shapes as you closed your eyes. You wanted this moment to last forever, or perhaps you wanted it to happen again and again. You spell 'I love you" over his heart and you hear it quicken as your ear is pressed to his chest. He is awake.

        You bite back a smile and you sigh, letting your hand fall to his stomach. He's not ripped, but he's amazingly toned. You focus on the way his body just barely twitches as your hand dips dangerously close to where his underwear rests. You sigh, lifting your head, and look at him again. 

        Pulling yourself up, you kiss his jaw and look at his face. It's quickly flushing a dusty pink and you smile. "You're so pretty, Ominis." He remains still but his eyelids twitch and you're suspicions are solidified. You kiss his cheek this time, and you feel Ominis' arm drape over you lazily. You hum, kissing your favorite freckle before pressing your cheek to his. As your face tingles at the contact, he breaks, laughing.

        "What are you doing?" He asks through his laughs and you giggle, brushing his hair out of his face. 

        "You were the one pretending to be asleep," you defend yourself as he wraps both of his arms around you, pulling you on top of him. You settle your legs to straddle him before sitting up and holding onto his hands. He tenses as you sit on him and you're quick to feel why. You say nothing though, as you don't want to pressure him into anything. 

        "What time is it?" He asks and you glance at the clock beside the bedtable. You can read it just fine, but you want to tease him so you roll against his problem as you lean into him, reaching to fiddle with the clock. 

        "Almost 7:00." You tell him before sitting back up. His hands find your hips and he grips you, seeming to both hold you down and still. While your bloomers had returned, your shirt had not, and his fingers stroked the bare skin above the hem. 

        "I... I want to call you beautiful..." He tells you with red cheeks. Your heart melts at the confession but you don't understand where it comes from. He can feel, which you suppose is enough, but the concept of beauty changes when you've never been able to see. 

        "I appreciate the compliment but I'd love to know where it's coming from." You can see him work himself up to saying whatever it is that plagues his mind, and as he does this, you can't help but admire the marks all across his chest and the base of his neck. 

        "I hear people call you beautiful all the time... I can't see you, but I know you... You're kind and thoughtful, you stand up for the people who can't- You're beautiful to me. So... I wanted to tell you that is all..." His face is red, and your eyes are puffy as they threaten to release tears. 

        "You don't need to sugar me up with words, you know..." You sniffle as you tell him and you watch as his inner brows raise and his eyes soften at the noise. "I don't think it's possible for me to like you any more than I do." His face relaxes as you add to your statement.

        "Sebastian told me I needed to be kinder if things were going to go well." It nearly goes over your head as you start to laugh but you freeze, looking at him bewildered. 

        "Going to go well? Did you discuss our relationship with Sebastian?" He tenses beneath you and he goes to sit up but you place your hand on his chest, leaning your weight down. He gulps and nods.