Chapter Six

Serena takes a deep breath to calm her breathing as she approaches Dixie's residence. She walks up to her white front door and takes another deep breath as the birds are chirping in the background.

Serena raises her left hand and makes a fist and gives a good few knocks on the door.

Knock, knock knock.

She bites her lip anxiously awaiting for Dixie to open the door.  "Coming!" A feminine voice shouts from inside. The voice sounds like Dixie.

The door opens to a wide-eyed Dixie. "Hello-SERENA?" Dixie gasps.

Serena nods and cracks a small smile, "Yes, it's me." Dixie extends her arms and reaches Serena for a hug.

Dixie's stomach dropped as she opened the door to Serena. She couldn't believe Serena is back! She truly missed her, she was gone on vacation for a long time.

"Come in! You have a lot of explaining to do miss." Dixie exclaims as Serena follows her inside.

Serena and Dixie sit on her white coushioned couch in the large spacious living room.

"I'm sorry Dixie. I can't explain much but I didn't go on vacation..." Serena trails off as Dixie is staring at her in confusion. "Did you not go on vacation to the Bahamas?"

Serena shook her head no, "Actually, I came to say goodbye..." Dixie stood up, "You're breaking up our friendship...? Why?"

"The man who spoke to you has given me an opportunity for a job far away from here. So I can't hang out with you anymore." A traitor tear falls down Serena's face. "Serena... Is this really worth the job if you can't ever see your BFF anymore? What kind of life is that?"

At this point, tears are streaming down both of their faces. "I know, I know. Dixie I wanted to see you one last time before I go. I am so proud of you and your accomplishments to become a doctor. I swung by and ate at Milly's and my heart broke when I did not see you were still there. But when I heard the news from a waitress, she said you got your dream job!"

Dixie bit her bottom lip trying to suppress her frown, "I don't believe it. Just get out! I liked you better being on vacation than being here telling me that line of bullshit." Shock washes over Serena's face. "What...? No."

"Get. Out." Dixie demands. Serena stands up and Dixie folds her arms over her chest.

Tears are now falling down Serena's face. Her stomach feels like someone punched her in the stomach. Is that what is feels like to lose a long life friend?

Jacob is probably looking for me. Serena thinks bitterly.

Serena's head is down in shame as she walks back to Milly's.

Serena takes a long stroll back to the restaurant. The glass windows come into view as Serena sees no sight of Jacob anywhere.

At this point, who knows where he is.

Think. What should I do? Serena hums to herself. Her foul mood is wearing her energy and she could care less about Jacob and his whereabouts.

I can't believe Dixie just dropped me so quickly... Well, I did break her heart by going M.I.A. for a whole month.

Serena sits down on a bench in front of Milly's. The owner knows her, so she isn't bothered to sit there for a bit.

As Serena is deep in her thoughts, Jacob is zooming to Dixie's residence.

Fuck. Jacob thinks as Serena's scent fades. Jacob doesn't know who Dixie is, but knows that Serena's scent leaves to a house.

Blazer is going to tear me apart when he realizes Serena has been missing for hours!