★ 5 | Salvation ★

Start from the beginning

Fuck-does it want to fucking kill me!?

Shit! I grunt, it's starting to hit me. Soft eyes is trying to kill me, and if I don't do anything I'll die here in his hands. Roughly and impatiently I bring my arms back and wind my fist against his stomach, I hear the sudden huck of his breath and he gets off of me.

After he's off of me, I finally get a chance to breathe. I bring my hands over to my neck and touch the dents of his nails.

He meant it, he really did want to choke me!?
The bastard wants to kill me!
I frown and try to get a hold of myself, but my whole body punches me back with a jab of sharp pain, this causes me to stumble and struggle to get my body up. In doing so, the world around me begins to spin and I hear something in front of me begin to fall.

It doesn't take long until my body is violently slammed across the ground and compressed below the bulky weight of the book shelf collapsing over me, every book getting away with a punch to my already bruised body.

"Fuck!" I swallow in the taste of blood and cry out in pain, my body shakes immensely. Every part of my body is weak to the touch, but the adrenaline keeps me going. It keeps me alive, minutes away from fainting.

Shit! Shit! Get up Craig! I grit, trying to push the shelf off of my body, it's light, but the damn thing hurts! My body throbs, replaying the sensations of the books colliding with my tender skin. Like a video clip playing over and over, until the pain becomes clear to me.

Finally I give it one last push, the shelf breaks down and I feel the small splinters of wood poking at my skin.

"No no no where did he go!?" I huff bringing my attention back over to him, but he's nowhere, I can't hear him anymore, he's gone from here. He's gone! Quickly I put the book back into my bag and stood up.

He's gone straight out the door, and this sparks terror. This is bad! Really really bad! I grunt, finally getting on both of my feet, ignoring the pain thundering throughout my body. Instantly I leave no time to waste, I run out the door and put my hand on the railing going down. My breath is a staggered mess, so I hold still for a second or two.

But I know that I can't let him get away.

...

Get a hold of yourself, Craig.
I spit the blood out of my murky lips, and wipe the remaining with my sleeve. The taste is disgusting, but it overcomes the heavy residue of metal.

When I think that I've lost him completely, my eyes glance towards the only fucker I've been trying to trace. The one fucker that tried choking me alive.

We freeze, he looks up at me and then I look down at him.

"What..." I exhale, leaning back from the railings as I try to pull out the damn book from my bag for the third time in a row.

But...the idea that I'm looking down at him, seems like a joke.

This is a joke right? No, this is really a demon? I mean look at him, the horns on his head are prominently smaller than I had originally thought. His eyes are a shade darker of red, but...he doesn't look like a demon...he looks more...human than demon...

But don't be stupid Craig.
A demon could never fucking be a human.

I'm overcome with bitterness, I couldn't believe that for a second I could think that he could be a human. I've heard of demons disguising themselves to look somewhat human, but fuck is he doing a real great job at it...it's so...realistic...in a frightening way, don't get me wrong.

Neither less, beautiful or not.
You're a demon. A horrible monster from hell, and I'd rather burn in hell than ever find a sense of sympathy in my heart.
.
.
.
So why the fuck ARE YOU SHAKING!?

"Hey, dude," I groan and look down at the guy. He's shaking, literally trembling. What's wrong with him? Is he broken or something?

"you uh, can't act demon or something?" My voice echoes down from above the stairs, but the more I talk, the more that I get the feeling that he's about to go into a cardiac arrest instead. Like I don't get it, a second ago he looked like he wanted to kill me, now he's...wait is he crying!?

He can't really be the same demon that tried to choke me earlier, can he!?

"At Least don't make me feel like shit for doing this!" I yell and he twitches at this, dashing over to the kitchen in a sudden rush of adrenaline.

Now he's running.
Why is he RUNNING!?

Listen, run away from me all you want! But between me and you! I'm going to get the job done! And there will be no evidence of you here! I run down the stairs, heavily holding back my breath. But the minute I walk into the kitchen a sudden flower pot comes flashing through, slamming the wall to the left of me. The crack throws me off edge and I stumble a few steps back.

What the. Hell!?! He almost hit me!
Stop trying to make this more complicated than it has to be!

"Fuscksake stop running away from me!" I scoffed, catching haste with my breath. But he doesn't stop there, while I wait behind the only wall shielding me away from the kitchen, I hear cabinets open, followed by forks, plates and a bunch of other supplies flying by me. Barely Inches away from my face.

Forks...plates...spoons?? What more do you intend to throw at me!

The minute the last fork comes flying and crosses my path, I wait for the longest moment before jumping in.

"GAH-NO!" He snarls back at me, and that alone catches my attention. He can talk!? Since when!?

"You can talk!?"

"GAH-of course I can talk JERK!" He cries out, trying to search for any more objects, but he fails miserably. And I take this as my chance to intervene. I pull out my book and stop him there, "stay fucking still you demon!" I yell and make it clear to him that I'm going to exorcise him.

He gets the cue and his eyes dart over at the window not too far away from the kitchen. Then he takes advantage of my attention and runs over to the window, he drags it open and starts to lift his body up.

WHAT!? Is he being serious!? Is he really planning on jumping out this damn window!?

With my breath on the tip of my tongue, I dash over to him. I quickly wrap two hands around his red tail and pull him back, "AG!" He whines, falling back and hitting the ground back first. His shoulders roughly grind against the ground from the impact and I wince at the thought.

And there it goes again...the guy is wailing his hands in the air and screaming, which makes me feel like a...shitty person. Makes me wonder if he would've even been able to survive if it had been with another exorcist instead of me.

Well damn Jerk, now I'm really starting to feel bad.

But don't be dumb. He's a demon who tried choking me.
I mean the guy was practically going to kill me anyway!

Just a pity, that's all.

I raise a gentle hand above him, and mutter a faint "sorry," I'm soft with it. Before leaning in closer and muttering the words out from my spell book.

A demon is a demon after all.
.
.
.
Forgive me.
.
.
.
.
.
"Open your heart to salvation!"