Chapter 23

Three weeks later.

"Ryujin!!!! Get up, your flight leaves in three hours!"

The short-haired girl slowly opened her eyes in the room of Yuna's house where she had been staying all that time.

"I'm awake!" She grunted as Yuna started opening all the windows to let the sunshine into the place. She slowly got up and sat on the bed.

"Yes, of course... You told me yesterday to wake you up, you don't want to miss your flight to go see your dear stepmother, do you?" Yuna told her smirking and Ryujin rolled her eyes smiling.

But there was nothing else she longed for more in all that time.

The paperwork for the exchange to Japan had been a bit delayed and expensive, but thanks to her father once making an account in her name, she had enough money to afford everything that trip included.

She was looking forward to the day when she would see Yeji again, who was no longer her stepmother, because after all, she never was. The marriage papers she had signed that time with Hyunjoon were forged, which meant that in reality, they were never married.

Ryujin got out of bed and went into the bathroom.

"I'll finish preparing breakfast, because we have visitors! Come down quickly!"

Visitors?

She wondered what that was all about, but just hopped in the shower and took a bath and then got out and changed into comfortable clothes, pulling the suitcases out of the room she had already organized a night before.

She went downstairs and was greeted by three girls at the table.

Hyujin, Chaeryeong and Yuna.

"Happy trip!!!" Said all three at the same time, as the table was filled with plates of chocolate chip pancakes and bananas.

"Did you make this for me?" She asked pretending to be moved.

Yuna laughed and rolled her eyes.

"Just sit down and eat, we should be at the airport in no time."

Ryujin smiled and obeyed by approaching the table to greet Chaeryeong and Hyujin, with whom she had already talked about her exchange trip to Japan.

"It's a pity you're going to Japan, I wanted you to be my girlfriend once!" Hyujin pouted and tapped her on the shoulder, Ryujin smiled as she ate.

"She already has an owner and will be reunited with her, isn't that right, Ryujinnie?" Yuna exclaimed at the table, before Chaeryeong put her head on her shoulder.

"Really? And who is it? I thought you were going on exchange because of your family problem..." Hyujin asked a bit confused by what she had heard.

"You don't need to know, Hyujin!" Chaeryeong told her and the girl rolled her eyes.

"Well, enough talking, we have to leave soon, so finish eating."

Ryujin said trying to end that conversation there because she really didn't see the need to tell everyone that she was dating her father's ex-wife.

They both finished breakfast amidst laughter and jokes, until a few minutes later, the four of them were in Yuna's car on their way to the airport.

"I'm going to miss you, Ryu..." Hyujin approached her and gave her a hug once they were getting out of the car.

"I'll miss you too." Ryujin told her with a smile, reminding her that they would still be friends after all, since that was always what they really were.