Chapter 20

"I knew it, damn it, I knew it!"

Lia exclaimed once Yeji showed her the usb in which it contained everything to be able to frame Hyunjoon. And worst of all, was that she already had all that information from a few days ago.

Yeji took a deep breath and pushed her hair back, while Park Jihyo who was her boss stared at her sitting on the other side of the desk.

"Lia, Jihyo, please I just-" She started, but Jihyo raised her hand to shut her up.

"It's unacceptable your behavior, Yeji... Why are you showing us this until now, when you've had it for a while."

Yeji took a deep breath and pushed her hair back between her fingers, getting up from the chair and walking towards the window in her boss's office.

What are you going to tell her? That you were waiting for the damn week to pass so you could spend more time with her? With Shin Ryujin?

"Answer me, Hwang." Yeji heard Jihyo's voice behind her and turned around.

"Does that matter now? You already have all the information to frame Shin Hyunjoon and his entourage, do you need anything else?"

Yeji said sounding a bit annoyed, when all she had was a lump in her throat that was about to burst and Lia had already noticed that, she could see it in her eyes.

"Okay, but you should know that you'll get a memo for that." Jihyo mentioned, taking the usb in her hands to take it with her to her superiors.

"I don't care." She said without any expression on her face and Jihyo looked at her for a few seconds, before turning around to leave, but Yeji's voice stopped her again. "Wait."

"What do you want?" Jihyo turned around and Lia stared at Yeji's every gesture before she spoke again.

In her eyes she could see an emptiness she hadn't seen before and she knew something was happening to him. And that something was Shin Ryujin.

"First I must ask you something..."

🖤🖤🖤

Hours earlier.

"And what do you want to do today?"

Yeji asked Ryujin after they had just had morning sex and now she was looking at the ceiling while her stepmother had her head on her chest.

"I want to stay here with you."

She replied, but deep down, she had taken out the count of the days and knew that her father would be arriving exactly tomorrow, which meant that, it would all end today.

"You want to stay here?" Yeji replied, leaning on her elbow to look at her face. "Really? Because I was thinking we could go to some restaurant and-"

"No..." Ryujin replied and stroked her face tenderly, tucking the brown lock that fell over her face behind her ear. "I want to stay here with you at home, all day."

Yeji smiled and caressed her cheek, giving her a peck on the lips.

"Are you sure? You know today is-"

"Our last day together... I know." Yeji swallowed hard and nodded slowly, as Ryujin smiled. "Anyway, it's not like we won't see each other again, is it? You're just going on a honeymoon with my dad for a month and you'll probably come back in love with him and forget about me and-"

Yeji pressed her lips to hers to shut her up, because there was no way she could feel good hearing her say that, more so when she wasn't coming back, more so when she was going to walk away from her life forever.