Chapter 4

The next morning, Hyunjoon's trip arrived and Ryujin was happy because she didn't have classes that day too, but there was something she wasn't happy about, apparently Yeji would also stay at home.

The woman said goodbye to her husband, while Ryujin watched them from her window, listening to music on her cell phone and then she rolled her eyes and took a deep breath, going in the direction of the bathroom, she decided to take a shower and after breakfast, she would resume her chores, which were to play video games until she got bored and then yes, start with her homework.

She went down to the dining room once she was dressed in a shirt and sweatpants, she wanted to be comfortable enough to be at home and although she had thought about going out with Yuna, she decided it would be best to stay home today and go out tomorrow.

Anyway, as she arrived at the table, she saw that woman, sitting in her seat, while the service woman approached to bring breakfast.

"Good morning, Ryu..." She heard her stepmother.

So the nickname came back...

"Good morning." She replied with a small feigned smile.

"Did you have a good night?"

Other than the fact that I had some sort of wet dream about you, yes, I did.

You're a sick...

"Yes, I did. Thank you."

"Ohh I'm so glad."

Silence reigned between the two as the wait staff finished setting the table and when they left, the two began to eat quietly.

A tense atmosphere had built up between the two but Yeji was trying to ignore it at all costs. She wasn't sure why but there was something about the girl that wouldn't let her be calm. Aside from the fact that she had caught her spying on her last night. Something that didn't suit her.

"How long have you been with my dad?" Yeji looked up before the girl's question in front of her.

She could tell by the curious look on her face, but really and without knowing why, she liked that she had at least spoken to her.

"Six months ago..."

She noticed how the girl frowned. And then she knew there would be a thousand more doubts to come.

"And in just 6 months you got married?" Ryujin asked with her eyebrow arched and the brown-haired girl couldn't help a smile coming from her lips at her face.

"Yes... We were dating for that long and then we got married. It was kind of rushed, I know. But I really love your father, if that's what you're worried about." She answered her and the girl seemed a little convinced.

Ryujin cleared her throat and leaned back in the chair.

She was a little regretful of the words that had come out of her mouth, perhaps it would be best to let the conversation die, but her instinct was asking to know more about this woman.

"Where did you both meet?"

"I already told you, Ryu...It was at a business fair."

"But-"

Cut off her questions at once...

"If what you want to do is to interrogate me, maybe I should take you to my office and have you sit me down on the polygraph forcibly and maybe, you can get a lot more information out of me, don't you think?" She asked the girl with a small smile, realizing that she left her completely speechless.

Ryujin swallowed hard and just continued to stare at her plate in silence as she ate and her thoughts took over, until her stepmother finished and got up from the table.