WAIT WHAT?

"sit for a minute?" I softly asked

"sit for a minute?" I softly asked. "Why?"

"I...um... Bought something for you" I hesitated. "Actually for us..." I completed the sentence.

"Us?"

"Yes" I showed him the polybag. "It's... Cake, your favourite flavour" I said. I don't know why I did that, while sitting in cafe I saw the cake and instantly decided to buy it for him.

Oh god I feel so dumb...

Why did I even do that? What would I say if he asks the reason, I myself have no idea.

Before it was so common between us to treat eachother without any reason, and maybe out that's why I bought it forgetting things are changed between us.

"You bought it? Really?" He looked stunned. "Why are you so shocked?"

"Mostly it's me who treat you not the other way around that's why!" He shrugged off. I narrowed my eyes, it's offensive even tho it's true.

"I have a sudden urge to slam your damn head into the cake itself, Do you want it?"

He widen his eyes, "Ah no! I'd rather eat it than to apply it on my face thanks" he instantly sat on the chair.

I smiled and sat beside him, we ate together. "So you were with Samarth?" He asked.

"Hm... It was his birthday, I didn't knew about it. I got to know when we met in cafe"  I said. "Oh" he looked disappointed.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing.... Uh so had fun?" It sound rather sarcastic. "Seriously Haarsh, what's wrong?"

"Nothing Jaanvi.... Was just asking if you enjoyed your time with your boyfriend" He was stabbing the cake.

"WHAT?? WHO? WHAT BOYFRIEND?" I shrieked. "Samarth.... Isn't he your boyfriend?" He said getting annoyed.

"What made you think he is my boyfriend" I gasped. "You are with him from day one since you came here, not with me even tho we have known each other longer—"

"You know where the problem was Haarsh, It's awkward for me to talk to you after 3 years of no contact, after I confessed to you about my feelings—" I shut up when I  realised what I said.

I widen my eyes and stood up abruptly. "I-I have to call Mum... Byee goodnight" I ran inside and slumped in my bed.

Shit shit shit.... Have some control on your tongue Jaanvi.

I groaned, keeping my face on pillow.

The next morning I woke up early and made sure to not cross the road with Haarsh, it's awkward. I'll face him when I and he both, will forget the awkward position I put myself into yesterday.

I was walking out of my class, it was lunch time and I was searching for samarth. He didn't even saw my text.

I was about to pass the corridor when I saw Katherine being dragged by some guy into a empty classroom. While she was trying to get out of his hold.