FOUND YOU A LITTLE CLOSER

The next Monday, I entered my class to see Diya and Haarsh were talking something and he was smiling eye to eye listing her every word keenly

I felt pang of jealousy in my heart, I ignored both of them and sat on my seat.

"Hey girl!" Diya greeted me. I smiled at her, "Hey!"

My eyes went to Haarsh he was looking at me, our eyes met. His amber orbs had curiosity in them, He choose to stare at me for long than I can handle. Damn these Butterflies....

I broke my gaze, "Are you ok now?" I heard him. "Y-Yes I am fine now" I gave him a curt nod.

"So it turns out your fathers are childhood best friend" Diya laughed. "The irony"

"How do you— He told you?" I looked at Haarsh Who scratched his neck and awkwardly smiled.

"Obviously how else will I find out?" She rolled her eyes.

The lecture started as the teacher entered, "Kids I am giving you assignment today and you have to complete it within this week" The teacher said.

All of us groaned, "I will decide your partners....." And he started assigning work topic and partners.

"Jaanvi and....Haarsh" The teacher said.

Wait... How did I ended up with him?

I turned to look at Haarsh he looked at me the same time, meeting my gaze he smirked while I glared at him.

The teacher left the class after telling us the topic.

"Hey partner" I heard him, "Haarsh what are you planning this time? Look just don't mess up the assignment" I said.

His smirk tells me he have some evil idea to irritate me.

"Oh I will never mess up the assignment, I have learnt to respect once hard work" I folded his hands over his chest.

"What do you mean?" I asked him in confusion. His sentence sounds sus...

"O sweetheart Jaanvi, The assignment— you are gonna do it alone" He patted my shoulder.

"W-What?" I was flabbergasted. "You d-do not m-mean that"

"Yes dear I do... Now, see you later"

"I WILL COMPLAIN—"

"Go ahead"

"Wait... you don't care?" He shocked me. "I do?" he shrugged off. "Maybe I don't" He laughed and started walking out of the class

"What the hell... Teacher assigned you to work with me then you have to" I said as I followed him.

He stopped and I collapsed on his back, "Damn what do you eat?" I hissed and rubbed my nose.