Chapter 41: Cross Counterattack!!

Inside the dining hall, Sol shot the blade out of the cat Animalia's hands. However, his mouth vacuumed several food servings, shooting it out as an arsenic hairball that melted parts of the dining hall balcony on contact.

"A kitty samurai? The demons we have to fight are weird."

Tide encountered the gnome-mermoid mix Sedian dubbed Algonel on top of the dorm buildings.

"Hey demons! One half of us is the marvelous deity who will unite C-Class to end our wretched war, the other is a destroyer of the deadly Alpha Theta! Cease fire, or fierce the wrath of the two mighty warriors merged into one!"

No response.

"Stop ignoring us! Hey, props for trying." The two synced up, swinging and turning the lesser demons into hockey pucks to smack into Algonel, falling in between the grass. The double demon hybrid caught them in pursuit, dragging their body through the ground.

Tide's tentacles grabbed one of the trees, smashing it into Algonel's head. They kicked up dirt with each appendage, trapping their opponent underneath a pile of rubble. To finish the fight, the human-Mermoid fusion rushed up the dorm windows, hurling their hockey stick into the ground.

"Terraform Twister!" They drilled straight into Algonel's body, dragging them down to impale them on the hockey stick. Algonel crumbled into nothing, freeing several assimilated people. "Goal!"

Tide's demon half guided their bow and curtsy as their audience members cheered them on. "Thank you, thank you! Humanity, charge!"

The more athletic members around them were motivated to stop the pet demons. Tide morphed their own hands into tentacles, protecting the college denizens who chucked bags, shoes, and small appliances by slapping them once their gaze fixated on the humans.

As time passed, Tide's mini army only had to stop about a dozen people from becoming possessed. The fusion channeled most of their energy into morphing the hockey stick, hacking at the same spot of the tower until it started crashing down onto the demi-demons into the center of the field.

"Everyone, stay inside, evacuate, or try to help out the others," hearing the fighting inside of the dining hall. When they entered, a large shadow took them by surprise.

Yue and Reaper clashed sickles and blades throughout the bridge, blitzing past frightened patrons. The moon warrior leaped to the tree, throwing her sword to block the reaper's vision before kicking them into the chasm of trees and the river below.

She grinded on the railing in search of them when Reaper swung from the other tail of the bridge, struck to the pavement.

The death god's endless onslaught forced her to roll away as a thrill seeker's crew were crashing through the demi-demons. The two flash stepped past them all the way to the college street.

Yue was forced to leap to avoid the drivers trying to flee from the chaos to Bundle as the ghastly adversary followed in pursuit, throwing her dao down to ground them to the floor.

"Phew. Zira, it's not over yet!"

Reaper revived themselves, climbing up with dual sickles. Yue blasted them with a Sonic Howl, pole vaulting with the Sanjiegun to the rooftop doors. Retreating inside, she swerved down the stairs, slapping herself to maintain focus. 

She reached Syntel's locked dorm, groaning at her boyfriend's secrecy, abandoning her plan to sucker punch Vanish.

"We need a refill, fast," the demon half argued, hearing Reaper above. "Cover me, partner! Got it!"