Chapter 11: Unwavering Wrath

"Soul Cross!"

Syntel shoved Zira out of the way. The transformation into Sol withstood the full brunt of the electrical shock that would've fried him otherwise. They growled in pain from the jolts of electricity their grass body was handling, wrapping themselves around the cord to prevent it from spreading and shocking everyone else there.

"Zira, run!"

She couldn't see who it was when Vulcan possessed her again, emerging in her mental space and reminding her to get the others out.

"We can't just leave them behind," she argued.

"Are you prioritizing yourself over others? You can't worry about disappointing your parents if you're dead!"

Sol somersaulted around the cord and kicked it airborne while Zira relinquished control to take those words with reflection. Vulcan enhanced her body speed to assist Tristan in getting the rest of them out.

Algor transformed into an aquatic body, snatching the cord as a makeshift pole to thrust and stab Sol.

Sol climbed up the pool stairs and flung themselves midair, distracting themselves with several vine swings, stealing the cord and heaving them above the ceiling, hanging on the wooden braces with the broken lights.

The rising sun's rays brought some light to the venue to witness Algor majestically morphing Ryan into a feral blue body with a crown of horns and black armor around the knees and elbows. He twisted the water to form a cyclone, raising himself on it and fired a wave blast requiring both of Sol's fists to reduce it to raining droplets.

Syntel assumed they were in the clear but Lilac's warning was too late. Algor altered the droplets into water shaped needles and sent them raining down, causing an irrevocable collision with their body, and flew from his tidal tower to punch Sol straight in the air.

The fusion bounced off the pool into the water when Vulcan arrived with furry armor around Zira's body. Sol growled in disdain as her possessed body modified a vacuum pole into a qiang spear to pierce a large sphere of water headings towards them.

Before they could converse, Algor manipulated the pool water around his arms, legs, and head, enhancing his height to reach the bottom of the highest window as an oceanic deity.

"Where are my children's vessels?" His head tilted at Vulcan and Sol. "Ahh, you two have allied forces to keep your subjects in line. How foolish you rely on them for your survival."

"Hypocrite," turning to Vulcan and Algor.

"Which one of us were you talking to?"

"Yes," Sol claimed with no hesitation.

Vulcan sucked his teeth via Zira. "Lilac's human, this person values yourself as well," earning Lilac's appreciation. "For now, you'll need assistance to," getting stopped with a wound up punch from Sol with enough force to propel them from Algor's next attack.

"I'm offering you an alliance!"

"Get out of Zira's body! She doesn't belong to you!" Syntel ignored the next storm of needle rain to separate the two when the werewolf caught their fist.

"She's the only means I have of assisting you!"

"Syn-bro, right now he has the territorial advantage. We should discuss this another time!"

Syntel's determination to vanquish the physical leeches off Zira's body wouldn't allow it. "She's not your mindless puppet!"

"I suggest you listen to your partner! She has perfect synchronization unlike everyone else in this area!"