Chapter 3

What the hell just happened?

This can't be true, theres no way my parents are apart of a sex trade organization. Wouldn't I have noticed it by now? They seem so normal. This has to be some sort of joke. Does she really expect me to instantly believe everything she just said?

How do I know that she's not the one out to get me?

"Skylar I know that this comes as a complete shock to you and you're probably wondering if you should trust me or not, but I promise you that I will answer all your questions once we are in the car."

I stared at my desk, contemplating all this.

"If you want to make if out of here safely we need to go now."

I peeled my eyes off the dest to look at her, the look in her eyes told me that she wasn't lying. I can easily tell when someone is lying or not, it's like a sixth sense. "let's go." I said as I stood up from the desk.

"Stay behind me and try to make as little noise as possible."

We silently crept through the hallways, taking a different path to get back outside. She lead me to the back entryway instead of the front, where we came in. She paused in front of the doors and put her ear against them.

"Stay here and don't move, I'm going to go make sure it's clear."

She slowly but noiselessly opened up the door and slipped out. Leaving me alone.

This is my last chance to run. I could go home and pretend that none of this ever happened, but what if..

My train of thought was cut off by Coach Paige walking back inside. "Everything is clear right now but I'm not taking any chances.." She said as she pulled a handgun out of her jacket.

Has she had that the whole time?

"Come on" She whispered as she peered out the door again,

I walked outside and sure enough there was a van parked in the parking lot with what looked like a very burly man in the drivers seat.

She took off at a sprint towards the van and I took off after her. Once we reached it she flung open the side door for me to get in and closed it once I was inside. All of the windows except for the windshield were tinted. The second she closed her door the burly man was speeding out of the school.

"Okay now can you answer my questions?" I asked rather impatiently.

"That's what I promised isn't it?"

"You said that my sister was kidnapped too, what's going to happen to her?" I asked, that being the first thing on my mind.

"We wanted to make sure that you were going to be safe first, before anything was put into action but Piper and Tristen are going to be taken to jail immediately to be further questioned and won't be leaving there for a long time and we are going to then return your sister to her family."

"Who is her family? Will I ever be able to see her again?"

"I am not permitted to disclose information to you about her family but I can tell you that you will see her again." A rush of relief flooded through my body. She's only 5, she's too young to have to go through all of this, let alone by herself. She probably needs me just about as badly as I need her right now.

"How could I have gone my entire life not knowing that I was kidnapped, let alone what my parents were doing. I would think that I would've noticed." I said more to my self than to her.

"The signs are there, you just didn't notice them. Have you ever wondered where you got your dark eyes and dark hair from? Where you sister got her red hair from? Almost everyone in your family has light blond hair and green eyes, don't they? Didn't you ever wonder why Tristen and Piper never talked about their job? I bet they told you that they just worked for the state didn't they? That's the most famous cover up that the "parents" like to tell their kids. Did you notice that there aren't any pictures of you when you were born? Most kids have at least seen a few. Weren't you the least bit curious as to why your parents didn't come to the game tonight? this is the first game that they've ever missed, correct?"