Chapter 44: A Hidden Weapon

Start from the beginning

'How can she be so oblivious to the effect she had on men?' He sighed inside his head. Walking towards her, his polished leather shoes echoed in the quiet room.

Rosè Yang could sense him walking closer to her but she pretended to not hear anything and continued to submerge herself in paperwork.

The executives watched Park Jimin in confusion. Why was he so heavily focused on this woman?

"You're not going to greet me?" Park Jimin mused, hovering right over her.

He stood with his hands tucked into his pockets, staring down at her. He saw the allure of her swan neck and when she continued to ignore him, he lightly touched her hair and used it to cover her neck. Once again, her hair fell over her like a heavy curtain, which blocked her view and only annoyed her further.

Rosè Yang pressed her lips together in frustration. She raised her head.

Park Jimin became slightly happy upon seeing her do so, but his happiness was short-lived when she didn't look at him. Instead, she looked straight at her overly amused grandfather.

"I recommend denying proposal 1, 3, and 4." She said to him, placing down the pen and handing the papers to him. On the papers were notes written by her that pointed out all the flaws in the proposals.

Yang Marco nearly smiled at his granddaughter's determination.

Does she know whose plans she just denied and who proposed the only one she accepted?

One of them happened to be from Jeong Jaehyun's that wanted to mend their bad relationship because the Jeong Corporation heavily benefited from having a partnership with the Yang's.

He had purposely hidden the names of the company who initiated the proposal so that she wouldn't have any biased thoughts when it came to judging it.

His gaze trailed to the eager man waiting for her to look up and meet his stares.

Will she continue to ignore the man beside her who looked at her like a desperate puppy needy for its owner's attention? He wondered whether the aloof Park Jimin, who was famous for never being romantically associated with anyone, knew how captivated he was with his little granddaughter.

Holding back his laughter, Yang Marco tried to sound serious. "What's wrong with the other proposals?"

"I already wrote it on the paper, grandfather." Rosè Yang pointed out to him.

She was confused as to why he was trying to drag out the conversation. Usually, when he required her consultation services, he wouldn't ask any other questions because it would all be answered within the notes she would hand over.

"Yes, but this old man would like you to read it to me." Yang Marco chuckled, deciding to play matchmaker.

His trust in Park Jimin's capabilities was enough to allow the man to pursue his granddaughter. Had it been any other scum, he would've sent out his people to warn the man to stay away from his granddaughter.

In his eyes, Rosè Yang deserved the best of the best. It just so happens, his first choice was Rosè Yang.

Curious about Park Jimin's current state, his eyes tilted to him. Just as before, he was continuing to stare at her. As a matter of fact, his stares had never trailed away from her. Not even once.

He was amused that Rosè Yang was pretending to be nonchalant to the obvious stare boring a hole through her head.

"Grandfather, that would cost an additional few millions to my consultation fee." Rosè Yang smiles, seeing right through his plans. She grabbed her purse and was prepared to stand up and leave when suddenly, a hand emerged from beside her.

It slammed onto the table, revealing a white check. "State your price." Park Jimin somberly said, not wanting her to leave so quickly. He had just seen her and she was clearly avoiding him. He wanted to know why.

"Grandfather, there seems to be an annoying fly buzzing next to me. I apologize but I must leave in order to escape it." Rosè Yang didn't even blink at the check and when she tried to walk past Park Jimin, he reached out to grab her forearm.

"Don't touch me-"

"The proposal that you have just accepted is the one by Park Enterprise. I believe the person whose opinion weighs heavily on the acceptance of the proposal should be present during the meeting." Park Jimin was eager to see more of her abilities.

Rosè Yang frowned at his words. She turned towards her grandfather. This wasn't what they had agreed upon.

Their deal was that she reviewed the contracts and proposals before it was approved or signed. She was promised that she would never sit down in any business meetings to discuss beyond that.