Chapter Twenty

The humans in the control room try to repair damage, all huddled around the screen to see the problem.
"It's flooding out, pump's not working." A co-captain tells them watching the red alert stay unchanging on the monitor, failing to drain the rising water in the ship.

"Abandon ship! Everyone abandon ship, get him on a boat!" Spider is grabbed by two men, being ushered out the room to one of the many paths to the loading docs, the fight raging on outside.

I don't think being on a boat where Na'vi were killing everyone on sight is a very good idea.

Lo'ak groans from the pain shooting through him, not stopping as he kicks his foot into the metal rail, denting the iron but not breaking it, Tsireya comforts Tuk as they try biting away at the binding, the material not budging.

Neteyam jumps up with his ilu, seperating onto the wet platform, slipping in the process but holding onto the rails.

He pulls himself up, Tuk spotting him first, Lo'ak sending another hit to the dented rail.
"Neteyam!" The boy smiles at his sister, pulling out his knife, gaining the two teens attention.

"Hey baby brother, need some help?" Lo'ak's shouders relax seeing Neteyam, the boy pulling out his knife to cut Tsireya loose.

"Move around, come on." He shifts Tsireya to get to Tuk, cutting her bindings and placing a hand on her head to calm her.

"It's okay, get Tuk out of here." His hand moves to push Tuk's back, Tsireya grabbing her arm pulling her along.

"Bro, hurry up!" Lo'ak's impatient voice sounds out over the loud blaring of the ship. Neteyam turns to him now, a cheeky grin on his face.

"Who's the mighty warrior? Come on, say it!" Lo'ak shakes his head, hiding the laugh from escaping his mouth as Neteyam cuts him free.

"No." Neteyam pats his head quickly, turning to leave the ship. Lo'ak picks up a discarded gun further on the deck.

"Come on, let's go!" Neteyam turns back when he didn't hear his brother's footsteps behind him, seeing him pick up a gun.

"Lo'ak, no." The boy shakes his head pointing at the ship, having already made up his mind.

"They've got Spider, bro." Neteyams's ears pin back, shaking his head firmly at his brother.

"Come on, we can't leave him." Lo'ak steps back, Neteyam growling the futher he went.

"No, we need to go. Remember what mom said? This isn't a game, Lo'ak-" The younger brother moves along on the deck.

"Mom would want Spider with us bro!" Neteyam looks back to where Tsireya and Tuk were getting off the ship then to his running brother. Hissing, he follows after him into the ship.

Seeing the empty rails Lyle grunts, steering his ikran to where Kiri, Ao'nung and Rotxo were swimming, avoiding the crossfire between the Metkayina who were killing everyone.

His ikran grabs the girl, ignoring her screams he flys her to the ship which was slowly filling with water.

"Let me go!" Kiri struggles in his hold, being dropped on the deck. Tsireya and Tuk break the surface in time to see the girl being carried away in the air.

"Kiri!" Tanhì's ears twitch at her youngest's voice, eyes scanning from above, not seeing her children anywhere in sight. She's brought out of her searching by the roar of an engine, boats driving away from the ship speedily in the other direction to avoid the fighting Na'vi.