Chapter Four

A loud cry pierces the silence as Tanhì brings another son into the world, Jake right by her side for support.

Mo'at ties the knot off, cleaning the wailing child before giving him to her daughter. Cradling him against her chest, she shushes his cries, bringing his head to her breast and allowing him to feed.

Tears spring to both their eyes seeing his little four fingered hands and small eyebrows. Looking to Jake, his mouth is parted, lips quivering with pure joy as he passes a hand over his baby's head and arms.

"He looks just like you." Jake kisses her forehead, resting on each other, Mo'at waits at the entrance of their tent with a proud but questioning look.

"Bring them, mother." Hearing those words, she leaves to get her grandchildren who were being watched by some elders.

"Four's gotta be my favourite number now." He brushes her sweaty hair out of her face, raising a damp cloth to wipe her forehead and Tanhì shuts her eyes tiredly, enjoying the cool sensation.

"Four pieces of my heart." She smiles tiredly, resting her head against his chest just in time for her mother to walk in with two small children in her arms.

"Mama!" Neteyam's little voice makes the woman open her eyes for her family. He makes grabbing motions at her as Kiri does the same with Jake.

"My children, meet your baby brother." Jake takes them into his arms, letting them preen at the new baby.

"Dada!" Kiri tugs his hair but Jake doesn't mind. She had said her first word a few months ago, softening his heart even more. Likewise with his firstborn who called for his mother with his.

"Aw, baby girl." Neteyam tries climbing over his arm to Tanhì, short tail wiggling, moving to cuddle and not paying any mind to his father's scolding.

"Leave him. Come here my baby boy." Tanhì moves her arm, letting her firstborn cuddle her while she feeds the new one.

"What will you call him?" Mo'at sits next to her daughter's side, wiping her sweaty forehead with the same cloth.

"He's my little gem so, Lo'ak?" He looks to his wife who beams at him.

"Toruk Makto's amulet? You are learning, Nì'eveng." She praises him, making his tail thump behind him.

"They are so small, Tsmuke!" Tarsem holds Kiri, playing with her while Jake holds Neteyam, hands outstretched helping him try to walk meanwhile Tanhì feeds Lo'ak, wincing at his little teeth.

"You were once this size, you drove your mother mad!" She raises a brow bone, teasing the happy boy. She was worried about him after losing his father but he seemed to be doing well despite it all.

As well as can be she supposed. She still frequently thinks about her father and sisters. What life could have been like if things went differently. If they survived.

On particularly rough days, Jake held her tighter, letting her cry then wiping her tears away. She wished they could have met their children. They would have been very spoiled little Na'vi.

"But I am stronger now. Look at me, I can shoot arrows now, right Olo'eyktan?" The older boy flexes his scrawny arms, looking to Jake for approval. Placing a hand on the boys head, he ruffles his untamed hair.

"Mhm and you'll keep getting bigger as you grow boy." Jake promises, eyes trained on Neteyam standing on his own.

"Like you? I'll grow strong like you?!" Tanhì's let's out an offended gasp.