Chapter Twelve

Tanhì swims, following after her children around the reef. She meant what she said, she was good at swimming. Holding her breath however? Not so much.

She let Tuk tug her, sinking down to the chirping ilu, her daughter mounts it, circling around her mother, showing off her progress. Tanhì smiles seeing her children so happy, it was rough having to go on without Spider, she hoped he was alright. She didn't think Quaritch would kill him, his son or not he was human after all.

Kicking off using her feet, she resurfaces taking a deep breath before joining her eager daughter. Kiri touches fishes, sending them to circle her. They brush along her body making her turn to follow their trail.

An ilu swims to Kiri, nuzzling into her face making the girl smile, she nudges it towards Tanhì and gestures to get on. Tanhì mounts the animal, not making tsaheylu but holding her arms around it's neck, trusting her daughter to guide her.

Kiri gets on behind as they race Tuk through the clear warm water, arriving at a spiral rock formation where Lo'ak and Neteyam where chasing each other on their ilu.

Tanhì inhales, panting as she surfaces, Kiri rubbing her back while Neteyam and Lo'ak check on her.

"You have to slow your heartbeat, mom." Lo'ak quotes making Kiri roll her eyes and Neteyam turns to him, batting his eyelashes.

"Your heartbeat is fast, Lo'ak." Neteyam mimics Tsireya's voice, laughing when Lo'ak tried to push him off his ilu.

"Shut up, bro!" Kiri wraps her arms around Tanhì, leaning on her shoulder.

"Oh I'm sorry you're eyes are so just pretty." Kiri plays along, mimicking his voice, laughing as she and her brother mock him.

Tanhì gives her son a knowing look causing the boy to look away, ears tinged purple and tail curling in on himself.

"Does my mighty warrior have a crush?" Lo'ak scoffs at his mother's teasing, neither denying nor confirming her accusations.

"You do!" Speaking of, Tsireya swims up to the group, startling Lo'ak to the point that his ilu flung him off it's back. Wincing, Neteyam sends her a nervous chuckle.

"Sorry bro, didn't mean to push you that hard." He tries covering for his brother who wanted to hit himself over the head with a hard rock. Again karma was a bitch.

"I do not mean to bother you all but may I borrow Lo'ak, ma'am?" Tsireya looks straight to Tanhì, giving her a shy smile which made the woman all the more fond of her.

Glancing back to her son, rapidly nodding his head, holding his hands up in silent pleas.

"Call me Tanhì, you may. Take care of each other." Tsireya's smile brightens, waving them goodbye, accepting his hand when Lo'ak helped her onto his ilu, taking off after she whispered something in his ear.

"He's such a skxawng look at him, he's a fool in love." Neteyam shakes his head chuckling as they go. Tanhì raises a brow bone at her eldest.

"Forget Lo'ak, when are you going to find yourself a nice Na'vi? I would not mind another addition to our family." Kiri laughs from behind her as Neteyam gapes, eyes bulging.

"Mother, I have no interest in anyone yet." Kiri gave him a look of disbelief, selling her brother out.

"Liar! He keeps staring at this one girl from afar mom, it's really creepy just go talk to her." Tanhì gasps, snapping her head back to her son.

"Netty this is great, why won't you talk to her?" The boy shakes his head, looking away from them. As if the ilu could sense her wishes, it swam forward allowing her to hold his forearm.