CHAPTER 29

The day was still young and bright for nightfall to appear , but even that brightness couldn't light the darkness pandavas felt at the moment . The atmosphere all over Aryavat looked peaceful and calm but it was a different case in hastinapur palace for It looked tense and gloomy . Meanwhile Magadha royals were celebrating the happy news they got that early morning , while unknown to them some of there family members were shattered and in pain back in hastinapur .

It was really hard for pandavas hearing the atrocities uttered by the woman they respected and valued most. Knowing all those years was a facade of there mother shattered there trust and belief in humans and so to gods who watched everything silently. They felt betrayed and used not knowing whom to believe again for they felt empty and lost, that was the time they wished their father was alive to assure them everything will be fine.

They blamed the gods for the death of there father, disunity among brothers and last abandonment of other family members. They wished they would have seen these face of their mother earlier maybe then it wouldn't have been painful this way. They cried and mourned on there fate thinking maybe it will ease the pain and uplift the burden they felt at the moment.

Bhisma's heart cried seeing his grandchildren breaking down. Knowing Kunti true face has shattered something within him and so was the trust he has on her. That was the time he recalled the warnings of his mother and wished if he would have taken a step back then then he wouldn't have lived to see this day. With the help of the guards he was able to take his grandchildren to his chamber before kunti will recognise there presence but the damage was already done and he could do nothing rather than watch everything silently.

Kunti's betrayal was hard experience for them, they have never felt this pain even when Bheem was poisoned and with all the conspiracy did by there cousins maybe because they never held them that high. They have cried there eyes out until there was no more tears to come out. Remembering there happy childhood brought a smile on there face but recalling Kunti words and knowing all that was a facade from her side was a bitter pill for them.

Bhisma: Putras you need to collect yourselves and move on . Atimes whom we held close to our hearts are the ones to shatter that same heart, but life must move on for every birth has a reason in this life and so do the citizens our responsibility.

Bheem: Pitamah why did Rajmata do all that?

Yudhi: Anuj! she's still our mother , address her as one

Yudhi reprimanded his younger brother while others looked at him shocked especially his younger siblings while Bhisma expected that . He was disappointed from the moment Yudhisthir took over the throne, more than him ruling he went by the words of his mother in giving judgement which atimes inflicted pains to the victims especially lower caste making them loose there faith on the royals.

Arjun: Jeshta what wrong did Bheem said?the woman we looked as mother all those years made us her puppet and never regarded us as her children rather a means to gain more power to fulfill her ambitions. Still you want us to regard her as our mother.

Yudhi: But Anuj , she's still our mother and it's adharma not to see her as such.

Arjun: Atimes I don't understand your dharma jeshta. Does it also tells you to inflict pain to others? For me brathashree is right ,Rajmata kunti has lost her respect in my eyes, I can't believe how can a person pretend for that long without being caught.

Bheem: I always felt jealousy of kauravas seeing how badi maa loved and stood for them. That's way I kept tormenting them and blame them being proud on my strength and taking pride in being dev putras and Duryodhan being termed a bad omen without knowing I was born the same time. I always wanted Rajmata to stand up for us just like badi maa but seeing her needing help to tackle every problem from elders hurted me and I became more jealous of kauravas making me hurt them. But when I saw Duryodhan standing as a shield hurted my ego and I made him my enemy which Rajmata never stopped knowing what I was doing was wrong.