CHAPTER 24

Seeing Arjun unresponsive form Yudhishthir became worried and blamed himself for not avoiding such situation, which would have been possible if they would have listened to there mother. He knew well about his younger brother who never takes failure lightly and the way he looked at the fireborn he knew he was smitten by her beauty and wanted her for himself which he didn't succeed.

Arjun sense was returned back by the shout of Drupad and looking at the reason he staggered behind if not for Yudhisthir he would have fallen down. His worst dream appeared when he saw garland on Vikrana's neck who was ready to place on Drupadi's neck. His heart cracked and shattered in pieces seeing the woman he likes have been won by his own cousin making her his sister -in-law.

His moist eyes expressed the inner turmoil he was going through while the people around him looked at him weirdly which was unknown to him. Other occupants at the swayvamar looked at Drupad wondering what was the reason of his shout even Vikrana's  hands remained hanging mid air.

Drupad whose hope was shattered when Arjun failed to win the competition couldn't remain seated seeing his daughter breaking his dream. He always wanted Arjun as a son-in-law due various reason;His elder brother was the crown prince of hastinapur  thus he knew through Arjun -Drupadi marriage he will always be accorded high respect being the father of 1st daughter in-law of Pandu vansh, he will always have support of Pandavas and Dwarka due to there being kunti's maternal home and from the moment Arjun defeated him he always wanted him to be on his side.

Even after his failure he was ready to do everything to get him as his daughter's husband but seeing his daughter stupidity who was ready to marry the man who was not even known for any good thing rather than being born evil he was outraged. Drupadi looked at her father in concern unknown to how he was going to shatter her heart later.

"Pitashre' called a worried Drupadi but was met with Drupad's raised hand who stopped her from talking further.

"How dare you come and participate in my daughter swayamvar without my permission?you a prince who neither have kingdom or known as a warrior you dare come here thinking i'l allow you to marry my daughter whose born from pure fire and you whose regarded to be born evil even before your birth"questioned an angry drupad while others were gaping at him after hearing his words.

Other kings sat down ready to enjoy the drama which was going on while Gandharinandans were angry hearing the words uttered by Drupad about there brother the one who was most petrified was Drupadi after hearing her father's word.

"But pitashree....

"You!you knew what I wanted yet you decided to disobey me by going on to garland him"said Drupad while she looked down from his piercing eyes

Vikrana: Maharaj sorry to ask this, what mistake have I committed?have come here representing hastinapur which you denied me from participating earlier even though I don't know the reason. Have performed the last even after opening the competition from brahmins which none won but I have completed the competition according to the rules read earlier. So why can't I marry your daughter?

Others looked at Drupad expecting answer while Drupadi's siblings felt pity for them knowing the reason. Drupad felt highly insulted being question Infront of others and he was seething in anger.