CHAPTER 16

The returning journey was exciting as the princes gloated about there victry and success in giving there gurudakshina forgetting there difference. They reached Hastinapur in two days and there hearts gladdened seeing there mother's waiting for them on the palace entrance . They touched there feets seeking for there blessing  as there parents ushered them inside to go and freshen up. Arriving at the dinning table,they were shocked seeing many different variety of food arranged on the table but they didn't fail to feast on them.

After breakfast Dhristarashtra was sitted alone in his chamber deep in thought knowing the reason of the evening Sabha to be held, he was confused what to do and what will be the outcome but his thought  was intrupted with  a knock on the door.

Dhristarashtra: Whose there?

Karna: It's me Pitashree ,can I come in

"Come in Putra" told Dhristarashtra relaxing as Karna entered sitting on the floor placing his head on his lap

"Dhrist is there any problem"questioned Dhristarashtra worried

"No Pitashree , can't I just come and spend time with you"questioned Karna

"No no Putra,I didn't mean that ofcouse you can come whenever you want "exclaimed Dhristarashtra

"It's ok Pitashree but please tell me what worries you?you know have been watching you from the dinning you seem lost what's the problem Pitashree "questioned Karna

"It's nothing Putra, just royal matters"told Dhristarashtra

"Confide in me Pitashree, have you forgotten am also now a king, just tell me I might be of help"insisted Karna

"Putra am just worried on whom to choose as the crown prince between Yudhishthir and Duryodhan "told Dhristarashtra the matter which was disturbing him

"Hmm ,whom do you want to choose ? be truthful Pitashree"inquired Karna

"Putra , I know Yudhishthir being the eldest it's his right to be the next Yuvraj but....."hesitated Dhristarashtra

"You want Brathashre to be succeed you"finished Karna and Dhristarashtra nodded

"Come Pitashree "told Karna taking him towards his bed. He made Dhristarashtra lay on the bed as he sat on it taking Dhristarashtra head and placed it on his lap as he play with his hair. Dhristarashtra found the same peace he used to find in his mother's lap, his muscle relaxed and he felt like a heavy weight was lifted from his shoulder.

"Pitashree can I tell you my opinion"asked Karna to which he nodded

" Crown Bratha Yudhi, tell me Pitashree even if you crown Brathashre will everyone agree with your decision?but incase of Yudhi no one will revolt because they believe he's the eldest. I know you want Brathashre to be a king and believe me he will Pitashree but here crown Bratha Yudhi,I don't want anyone to question your dharma for there are people who are waiting for such chance to point finger at you, it's better to prevent it. Now take rest  before evening Sabha, I trust you'l take the right decision Pitashree "told Karna placing his head on the pillow as he take his leave.

Dhristarashtra who was in dilemma found his answer and there was somebody else who heard there conversation and was contented knowing Dhristarashtra dilemma was cleared. Karna went towards the garden praying that his father will make the right decision. He sat on grass placing his head on Dushala lap who was sitted on the swing  conversing with Bhadra as he remembered the conversation he had with Drona and how relieved he felt when Drona made the right choice thus averting future calamity.