CHAPTER 9

Gandhari couldn't hide her happiness after learning of the princes arrival to the palace in next 2 days. She had missed her children greatly ,which made her swore never to part away from them in future. Remembering her children childhood she couldn't help but ask herself if there preference did change.Her heart always ache thinking she knows nothing about her youngest child.

Thinking of him she always recall of a certain young boy whom she met on her way to Mahadev temple some years back. She always thought she is seeing her youngest son but later brush it off thinking her son can't be on earth yet ,for until the completion of his education. Thinking of how she met the boy always brought a smile on her face.

Flashback
Gandhari POV
One morning it was unbearable for me,I felt lonely even among many people I missed my children and that's when I wish they were around, for it was impossible for me to hold my emotions together. I decided to visit Mahadev temple for I knew I will get my peace there. Before I can exit the palace my journey was intrupted by the presence of Arya who wanted to talk to me.

When I told him I was on my way out to visit the temple,he requested to accompany me. Even though I didn't want I couldn't denie him on visiting the temple for it was not the first time he has escorted me. For he showed change immediately after the departure of our children to gurukul ,he has tried seeking my forgiveness by changing himself and spending time with me and knowing about our children. Though I saw his change and remorse I couldn't acknowledge it for he did shatter my trust ones.

He called for Sanjay his personal helper who always guide him on his way ,our journey wasn't of silence for we did converse a little.Walking absent minded I missed one step of the stairs leading to Mahadev temple. I knew I will not survive the fall but I wasn't worried for myself rather my children especially my youngest whom I haven't met immediately after his birth. But to my astonishment a bright light engulf my presence almost blinding my vision.Two hands held me tightly preventing me from failing, looking for my saviour I saw a small boy of not morethan 5years checking for any injury on me.

I was intrupted by Sanjay who run towards me questioning if I am ok.I couldn't stop stairing at the boy because there was something familiar about him,I was like stairing at my own self same eyes just like my youngest putra and picturing his face am sure his beauty surpasses that of gandharv of heaven. I was brought out of my thought by the voice of Arya and the little boy addressing me as mother.

Boy:"Mata a you ok"he asked with concern that almost brought tears in my eyes

Gandhari:"Yes putra,thank you.But what is your name and where are your parents?"she asked kneeling Infront of him.

Boy:"I am Rudra,I came alone to visit Mahadev temple "

Gandhari:"Putra don't you fear coming hear alone"She asked voice full of concern

Boy:"Mata these cute boy fear nothing"he responded cheekily

They were intrupted from there conversation with clearing of the throat.Thats when they remember they have audience.Rudra left Gandhari hands ,she felt lose of warmth which she didn't like,he greeted Dhristarashtra and Sanjay by touching there feet.

Boy:"Pranpat Maharaj"he greeted with respect

Maharaj:"Khush raho"he answered affectionately caressing his hair.

After that day we met many times on our visit to the temple.Arya couldn't avoid escorting me to the temple in order to meet Rudra.As the time went Rudra became part of our life,he visited the palace spending time with us,pranking the workers , questioning Vidur about dharma , berating Mahahim atimes, eating with us and asking Arya to carry him which he did enjoy. Arya find peace in his company which he asked him to address him as Pitashree. Rudra become my soul even without my knowledge he cleared the difference between us and asked me to give Arya a chance to earn my trust and forgiveness and until today I haven't regretted.

Though everything has its end just like our time with RUDRA.one day he came telling Arya and I that he wouldn't be visiting us for long for he will be joining gurukul,I was totally broken.

"You won't forget me Rudra?"she inquired

"How can I forget you beautiful?you wound my heart"he exclaimed dramatically placing hand on his heart."Don't worry this your Putra won't forget you"he answered calmly

"Won't you bless me Mata"Rudra ask

"Vijaya bhava"she uttered heartly

By retrieving his hands from the back he gave me a Shivling which I hold dearly waiting for his return.He had a bracelet which he said is for Arya but seeing it I knew it wasn't ordinary.That was the last day we saw him but am sure he will return for he promised me.Even though I never saw his face he promised me after his return I will be able to see him.

End

Gandhari came from her thought by the presence of Dhristarashtra.

Dhristarashtra:"Priye our children are returning,will they forgive me"

Gandhari:"Arya they are your children Ofcouse they will forgive you"she console her husband.They were in silence when Gandhari heard;,

Dhristarashtra:"I miss my Dhrist"Gandhari heard him uttering it longingly ,with a sigh she patted her husband back telling him to believe in his promise.

"Arya let me go and help Kunti in supervising the work outside.The palace need to be decorated and look extra beautiful ,I don't want anything amiss in the decoration after all our princes are returning back after a long period, there's alot of work to be done and I don't know where Dushala went. After her return she's always found in weapons room or in the garden practicing with weapons.Though am happy she achieved what she always wanted but I miss my little girl.

Vote 110

What do you expect next.....???