CHAPTER 28

Bhisma was grandly welcomed in magadha and so was the hospitality offered to him. Even with his past behaviour towards them ,they still treated him with respect. During the day he decided to have a look around magadha, he was astounded when he saw different caste living in peace and harmony without discrimination.  He saw a kingdom where people walked freely , openly praised there king and there king was a god to them.

He saw a Sabha where everyone was offered a chance to bring forward there opinion, also an administrative which worked on the interest of its people . Where women were allowed in the Sabha and allowed to give opinions in matter of discussion. A kingdom where rule was passed upon every women reaching in certain age must learn weaponry for self defense and if willingly wanted to continue further a chance is offered to them then later they join special women warrior who work for the kingdom when need arises.

It was the first time Bhisma saw kauravas acting freely and not staying on alert, that's when he realised the difference between kauravas and pandavas. The days he spent in Magadha felt like his younger days when he spend with his mother before going to hastinapur. He felt free, unburdened and his soul was at peace, magadha was the way he wished hastinapur to be at that time,he would have happily called Yamraj and free himself in mortal world to get rest.

He wished Karna would have been the eldest,then hastinapur would have been in safer hands ,but alas what we wished for atimes we don't get. Though he didn't know whom to blame for all events that took place in hastinapur since the demise of his father's. The next day 3 brothers went to Avanti in the company of Bhisma there parents,some of there brothers with Dushala for upcoming family function. They received warm welcome from the citizens, royal family and shown where they'l occupy until the completion of the marriage.

The next day the function started which the citizens participated happily for they were giving out three of there daughters in marriage. In Gandhari family ,Dushala was the one who enjoyed most in teasing her bhabhi's and brother until her mother intervene. Every rituals were held and followed per custom starting  from shagun- Ganesh puja, Sangeet/mehndi ceremony-Grah shanti by then only a day was remaining for marriage that's when both the brothers started panicking.

The groom side were sitting in one room preparing for the next day which is marriage and also there journey which daughter-in-laws will be welcomed in there new family. Gandhari saw her two sons trying to consol the youngest who sat between them while she can see themselves freaking out but they are trying to hide it. She decided to console them and ease there tension.

"Putras what is the matter that gives my warrior sons these much tension "asked Gandhari looking at them lovingly

"Mata do you think i'l be a good husband to Bhagavi?what if I mess everything or worst of all I hurt her unknowingly?Mata see,this is way I didn't want to marry,do you think i'l fulfill all my responsibility as a husband" blabbered Karna while others eyes went wide hearing too much questions and seeing the one who is always composed panicking while other grooms start panicking understanding the gravity of the questions asked.

"Putra there is nothing to worry , you all have fulfilled your responsibilities as sons, brothers and even fathers. Just think this as another responsibility adding to it. Beside you have your wives to support you and that's the good thing about having a companion. About hurting them ,why will you hurt them?and if that happens your wives will be there to show you your mistakes and a person learns from his or her mistake. If you all panick these way what will your wives do, they are leaving there homes joining new family who are strangers to them?cheer up putras for my daughter -in-laws will need your support"told Gandhari