Chapter 157: Extra - Uncle Salted Fish Tells A Story

ابدأ من البداية

Kong Hou and the other two roamed the streets idly until nighttime and then sat down in a teahouse. To avoid causing a ruckus, Kong Hou and Huan Zhong put on similar masks that covered the upper halves of their faces. Fortunately, there were many men and women on the food street that wore masks. The two of them were not unusual.

The teahouse was very busy. The storyteller was speaking of cultivation world stories. When he said that the strongest cultivator in the cultivation world was Spirit Master Zhong Xi, someone came out and argued.

“Old Man, you speak nonsense. The most powerful cultivator isn’t Spirit Master Zhong Xi, but Spirit Master Kui Ying.” This man was strong and large in body. He had a curved blade hanging from his belt and he looked ferocious. Kong Hou glanced at this person. His bone age was around sixty or so. His presence was strong and he was an Energy Refinement level five cultivator.

“Who is Spirit Master Kui Ying?” A female cultivator dressed in a girdled yellow dress spoke up. The female cultivator looked adorable and innocent. She was just eighteen years old but had similar cultivation to the man.

The man saw the speaker was a young girl and immediately became energized. “They say that Spirit Master Kui Ying is an earth immortal who failed his ordeal. Back in the past, he separated from his path companion due to irreconcilable differences. Then his path companion passed away, which left a mark on his heart. He was unable to ascend. He has not appeared in the cultivation world for many years. It is normal that young cultivators have never heard of him.”

“If Spirit Master Kui Ying is so powerful, why didn’t he appear when the evil cultivator Jiu Su attacked the cultivation world fifty years ago?” the young woman said in disdain. “He has an empty reputation. He is not as virtuous as Spirit Master Zhong Xi, Celestial Kong Hou and the ten major sects disciples.”

Hearing the young woman speak so, the man grinned and didn’t argue against the young woman. “Miss is correct. This one only speaks of cultivation. Of course Spirit Master Kui Ying cannot compare to Spirit Master Zhong Xi in other aspects.”

“Spirit Master Zhong Xi and Celestial Kong Hou have great affection for each other and respect each other. They are a heavenly match. Spirit Master Kui Ying and his path companion were not together for long in the past before they held a separation ceremony due to differences in feelings. They rescinded their oaths in front of the heavens,” a woman in the corner in black robes said coldly. “A ruthless and faithless man cannot compare to Spirit Master Zhong Xi.”

Kong Hou looked at the black-robed woman. This was the black-robed woman she once encountered when she first started to travel. After so many years, the black-robed woman still dressed in black. However, her anger had faded greatly from her expression. At least, when she disliked some people, she did not attack them.

Sensing someone was looking at her, the black-robed woman looked towards Kong Hou. Her gaze was cold and indifferent like a winter pond that hadn’t formed ice but was still bone-chillingly cold.

Kong Hou smiled at her.

The black-robed woman stilled. Her infamy was well known. Male cultivators did not like her, and female cultivators were not friendly towards her. She felt uneasy when a masked female cultivator suddenly smiled at her. After sitting on the stool for a while, she stood and hurriedly left.

When she was walking out of the teahouse, she couldn’t resist looking back. She saw the male cultivator next to the female cultivator peel a pine nut and feed it to her. The female cultivator said something that caused a warm smile to appear on the male cultivator’s lips.

Once, she had disliked these intimate actions between lovers. This would make her think of that heartless man, and of her stupid past self.

But over time, the hate and discontent of the past slowly faded. She started to understand she had been wrong back then, and the hate-filled her had also been wrong.