Chapter 149: Despair?

Start from the beginning

The flying horses came down from the sky with the carriage. Kong Hou did not enter the city. She turned and asked Uncle Salted Fish, “Uncle, do you need to enter the town?”

“Why? There is no food or place to eat.” Uncle Salted Fish turned his head in disdain.

Kong Hou: “…”

So why did you suddenly come here before? To eliminate evil?

The carriage did not look big but was very large inside. It could hold several large men lying down together. But Uncle Salted Fish did not want to squeeze in with the two young lovers so he sat outside with Lin Hu.

He had mysterious origins but Huan Zhong and the others never asked him about it, just like he would not ask Kong Hou why she wanted to search for dragon blood. They maintained a strange balance.

They did not travel during the night and found a beautiful place to stop. Uncle Salted Fish watched as the talisman in Huan Zhong’s hand turned into a beautiful palace. He rubbed his hands and said, “The crafters are getting even better, and able to make anything.”

“Humans will always advance.” Kong Hou looked up into the sky. “It is so beautiful tonight. Let’s roast meat.”

Lin Hu turned to look at Huan Zhong. Huan Zhong smiled at Kong Hou. “All right.”

Uncle Salted Fish: “…”

Young people these days really had extraordinary habits.

The roasting racks already existed. Lin Hu’s storage ring carried all kinds of seasoning. Uncle Salted Fish contributed a piece of dried meat and several fresh fish.

Kong Hou’s eyes lit up when she saw the meat. The meat that had been cooked on the deck previously and been flipped over by the sea monster before she could eat was a great pain to her.

When washing and cutting ingredients, the advantages of cultivators appeared. They could be clean and not harm their hands. Their blades were sharp, and each piece of meat was perfect in thickness.

Huan Zhong brushed seasoning on the pieces of meat with familiarity and turned the meat pieces over and over. No one would believe that he had once taken someone else’s food and pretended he had made it. As a one in a thousand years cultivation genius, he naturally knew that after a person lied, they should not say more lies, but make the lie a truth.

The food that had been burned on Sword Cry Peak proved Huan Zhong’s efforts.

“Careful, it’s hot.” Huan Zhong handed the roasted meat to Kong Hou. Kong Hou puffed up her cheeks and blew on it. After eating a piece, she remembered that Huan Zhong had not yet eaten. She cooled another piece and held it to Huan Zhong’s mouth.

Uncle Salted Fish looked at the two in their loving state and turned to shove the burnt meat into his mouth. The hot meat hissed in his mouth. Lin Hu peeked at him. What body did this person have to not feel anything when eating something so hot?

Kong Hou looked up at the crescent moon after getting full. “When we find the cloud seeking branch, we will have all our ingredients.”

Hearing this, Uncle Salted Fish looked oddly at Kong Hou.

“No hurry, we can search slowly.” Huan Zhong took out a cloak embroidered with grand patterns to put over Kong Hou. “We have a long time.”

“Yes.” Kong Hou nodded as she gripped Huan Zhong’s hand.

“No.” Uncle Salted Fish finally couldn’t resist. “You have two Cloud Seeking Trees in your carriage—where are you going to find them?”

“Our carriage?” Kong Hou’s mind was blank for a long time. Then she screamed in disbelief, “Uncle, are you talking about the grass in the pots that haven’t grown much in the last decade?”