Chapter 18

as I was taking over foolish's shift, someone walked in. a joyous goat to be specific. he had goat legs but a human upper body. his horns wrapped around his floppy ears and his brunette hair covered his eyes.

"Big Q! Sam told me that Y/N's working here. where are they?"
quackity looked at the goat man suspiciously but pointed to the bar. the goat hopped over.

he had a fluffy jacket wrapped around his waist and he wore a black, sleeveless shirt with dirt and soot staining it.
"Y/N! It's good to see you again."
"I'm sorry but do I know you?"
"I'm tubbo. Tommy's old friend?"
"ohhh. tubs! How's it been? what business do you need to do here?"
"I just wanted to do some catching up and have a drink. I'm not used to this hot climate. I live in the cold now."

***

me and the old friend talked for hours, telling our stories that we had and bonding, relighting the old friendship.

"oh yeah! I wanted to ask you something. do you mind babysitting tomorrow? you don't have to of course but I just couldn't find anyone who would."

"I'll see if I'm free but have you tried asking Tommy, Wilbur, slime, technoblade, ranboo or even Phil? he's old, right? he should be used to that type of shit."
I asked the goat while walking over to the schedule that hung on the wall. he looked down to his drink, watching as the ice slowly melted.

"I guess you haven't heard yet."
"heard what?"
"do you want the good news or the bad news"
"good news first."

"tommy has been following Wilbur constantly and has been trying to kill himself again. Wilbur is an insane man, I don't think I want to trust him babysitting Michael for a minute let alone a few hours! slime would probably not understand and actually sit on Michael for the amount of time I'm out and Phil is dealing with something."

"I'm not sure how that was really the good news. what's Phil dealing with now? his new 'beautiful' kingdom?"
"not necessarily."

"ranboo and technoblade are..dead. turns out techno had a deadly virus that not even the best doctors from around the world could fix. apparently when Wilbur blew up l'manburg and techno put down withers, he got hit by one of the heads while escaping to live far away from everyone in the snow. Philza would visit him often to help him out. his arm was slowly rotting until there was nothing left. they amputated the arm but it was already too late. it spreaded to the rest of his body and he passed away."

I dropped the glass that I was cleaning.
"w-what about dream? can't he revive him?"
"if we somehow did convince dream, we still wouldn't be able to. he's been eaten from the inside out. there was nothing left of his body to revive."

sure, he's wronged me so many times. but technoblade was still my family. I still looked up to him once and he was nice to me before everyone died around me. he got over our mother dying but it went to shit when that maid went missing.

"I should be free to take care of Michael."
I said quietly, trying to change the subject.
"are you sure? I don't want you to after your still taking in the news."
"it's honestly fine tubs. I wasn't even that close to him. I'll get over it in a few days..months..maybe even years but oh well. it's not like it's my fault!"

I looked back at the goat, quackity stood behind him.
"I guess you were going to ask for the day off tomorrow. you can close the bar early, there isn't many people here anyway."
quackity said to me, keeping a straight face.

***

when I got upstairs, tubbo was still with me, making plans for when I should go and making sure I was okay with it.

charlie walked out of his room when he heard the door open, a frown appeared when he saw tubbo.
"Y/N from Las nevadas. dap me up!"
I gave him a high five, his goop sticking on my hand.

"hey Charlie! what have you been doing all day?"
I asked, happy that his presence lightened the mood.
"I'll see you tomorrow then."
I nodded, oulling my attention back onto the smile

"what's going on?"
he asked curious.
"I have plans tomorrow. I'm babysitting Michael."
"why would you sit on babies? do humans do that? should I be sitting on babies?"
"pfff! w-what? of course not! babysitting is not sitting on babies. it's taking care of children when the adult can't."
"but why would a parent neglect their child to the point that make someone else take care of it?"

I froze.
"hehe..theres a difference between neglect and not being able to take care of your child. babysitters are hired because a parent wants to go out to have a date, party or just go to work but they don't have a place to put them. neglection is when the parent doesn't care about the feelings and rarely talks to them. sometimes they would hire someone to take care of them but the parent wouldn't care about the child victom in the scenario of neglect."

"is that what you went through?"
"I'd rather not answer that question. why don't you go to bed. I need to make dinner."
"I'm not tired."
"then go to quackity! please just leave me alone!"
I stormed off into my room and slammed the door shut.

a few minutes later, a note was slid under my door and another door was opened and shut. the note had green slime on it and said

'sorry :(
-slime'