Chapter 2

(sorry for the short chapter again. the next one will be longer but since this is a re-write it is harder since this chapter was supposed to originally have about 300 and something words.)

Words: 653

TW: None

I woke up in a small bed. A single bed to be specific. My arm was all bandaged up and I felt light-headed. Everything seemed to be a blur to me.

'how did I even get here?'
I question myself. I stopped when a boy walked in the room that I was in.

"Good morning! Are you feeling better now?"
He said in a cheery voice. The person wore a plain white shirt with two and a half pixilated hearts. His light brown hair was slightly curled and it was dripping a small amount of green goop? Before I could question it, his white eyes distracted me.

I was staring and admiring all his unique features. Maybe staring for too long..
"H-Hello? Are you okay?"
He repeated himself. A small amount of green blush casted upon on his face.

"Oh! Yeah, I am. Sorry."
"Well, here! Have some soup. You'll need it after you passed out."
He held out a bowl of soup. It smelt delicious!

I grabbed the soup and thanked him while I ate. It was the only thing I ate in days when I escaped. After I was finished, we did introductions.

"So, you're a princess?"
"What, you've heard about me?"
He nodded. I was a bit shocked since my existence was never announced. "If I'm honest, I wish I wasn't. My father, Philza, is always working and favorited my brother, Techno-"
I took a deep breath. This was going to take a while. I explained everything on a deeper level.

***

"-So yeah. They locked me in my room and I escaped. I haven't eaten in days. Well that was until you gave me that soup. Thank you again."
"That was a lot to take in."
"Oh yeah, I completely forgot to tell you my name! I'm Y/N!"
"Right, I'm Charlie!"

I just giggled at his statement from before. At least he understood me. The only person that understands me is this boy I'm forbidden to go and see. It's just like people say, 'Rules were made to be broken.'

As the cool breeze came in from the open window, I couldn't help but wonder. Wonder about this boy. Why did he live in the forest? Why was he being so nice to me? Why, why, why?

It was already night and I felt really tired. I couldn't control my actions and I let my head lean on Charlie's shoulder. The last thing I heard was him mutter the word,
'Cute'.
That could just be my imagination.

I looked up at him to see him staring back at me.
"Since you know a lot about me, can we talk about you?"
"What would you want to know about me? I'm just a random kid that lives in a forest."
he said stubbornly.

"That's the point!"
I exclaimed
"You don't always meet a boy in the forest that lives all alone. Tell me your life story! About your parents? What you like? Anything!"

***

we talked for hours and hours. it was as if time stopped. the swaying of the trees were the only other sound other than us chatting the night away.

it was as if I knew him for years. we related in ways that most people didn't. like our parents neglecting us so we needed to act more mature for our age. it was strange talking to him if I'm honest. but I still loved it. finally, for once, I was able to talk to someone that wasn't my brothers or Tommy's friends.

someone that actually understood me.
"

Goodnight Charlie.."
"Good night N/N.."

soon enough, we both fell asleep, resting the rest of the night away.