chapter 16

the knock on my door didn't continue neither did the voice. Raine was by my side, pushing and rubbing their head against my arm, trying to cuddle into my lap. I let the small bird do what they wanted. my door was opened to reveal a humanoid fox that I try to avoid.

"are you okay, Y/N? I saw you running up here?"
I dried away all of my extra tears. there was no point to cry over something so stupid. quackity was just drunk. he wasn't in his right mind..yeah. that's it! and I do think have a crush on him. I don't know anymore!

"I'm fine, fundy. everything is alright. How's big Q doing? and Charlie?"
I kept my head down, focusing on the bird on my lap, letting a few tears slip.

"they're fine. Charlie's outside and quackiry is in his office."
there was an uncomfortable silence after that. Fundy soon left my room. maybe he isn't as bad as his father.

After a while, I slowly got up and started to change out of my uniform. it was quite uncomfortable and it would like to talk to Charlie. he's most likely clueless as to this new 'hugging' and why I would cry while 'hugging' quackity.

***

I walked out of my room to realise fundy wasn't lying. the slime man sat on the couch, fiddling with his thumbs again. I let out an airy laugh and tiredly sighed. he whipped his head in my direction.
"Y/N from las nevadas, are you okay? why were you crying when quackity from las nevadas hugged you?"
"I'm fine Charlie. it's okay. you don't need to worry so much about me."

I walked and sat down next to him. he slightly tensed but relaxed a few seconds after.
"Y/N from Las nevadas, can I ask you something?"
I looked at his thumbs and nodded for him to continue.
"can we go on a date tomorrow?"
(can we all just say 'please marry me you beautiful fuck 💍💍💍🙏🙏🤭🤭🥵🥵🤧🤧🥺🥺' in the comments)

a blush flushed on my face. I could practically feel the heat bouncing off if me. it almost made me forget about the..situation..earlier. almost.
"excuse me but what? do you even know what that means?"
"quackity from Las nevadas says that a date is something two people do when they love each other! and I love you!"

he's too pure. quackity is horrible at explaining things properly.
"PFFFF. no charlie, that isn't really what a date is. there is more to it. it isn't some kind of hangout thing. usually two people who really like each other, like more then friends, will get into a romantic relationship. in that relationship, they will do the activities such as dates and well...kissing."

he seemed to understand more but was still quite confused.
"Y/N from Las nevadas, what is love? and what is kissing?"
I froze for a second. he's been here for how long? thousands of years? and he still doesn't know what love is?

"well, there's different types of 'love'. there's platonic love. that's what I suppose we are. platonic love is when you find a friend very close and you love them in a friendly manner. you love them but wouldn't date them since you don't find an attraction to them. sometimes you would hangout with them and do random stuff but there is also a lot of exceptions but I'm not going to get into that right now.

there is also family love. family is, most of the time, the most important people to you. they are the ones that raise you and help you get through life. there's a special attachment to them since you're so close to them. sometimes without even knowing. you wouldn't date them since they're family and that is called incest. let's also not get into that.

and finally, there is relationship love. like I explained earlier, they do romantic things like kissing, cuddling, etc. they would also go on dates. dates are similar to hangouts but you have a romantic attraction to them. this means that it would be more lovey dovey then a casual hangout."

a satisfied hum came out of Charlie's mouth. he now understood. I hope he does at least.
"what about kissing?"
"kissing is what quackity did to me. he lied so don't go kissing all the people you consider as friends."

"ohhh. then can we hangout tomorrow?"
as if scripted, Mr. drunk duck man comes stumbling in. he seemed more drunk then before. a strong stench of whiskey and vodka radiated off him.

I quickly sighed and went to my room. I'm not dealing with his stupid bullshit right now. plus, I'm tired from the crying. I quickly slid into bed since I changed into comfortable clothes beforehand.

***

it was already morning. once again, I was the only one awake. Raine was eating their food and I was cooking for the two boys again. I already packed a little picnic for me and Charlie. Raine will also be there for moral support.

the two boys exited their rooms and sat on the bar stools next to the island. I placed the two plates in front of them and they started eating. I didn't spare quackity a glance. Raine flew up on my arm as I pet their head.

"hey, Y/N.."
I hummed, still denying to look over at Mr. duck man.
"sorry about yesterday. I-I wasn't in my right mind and I was just really drunk. the memories are quite blurry but Charlie said you ran into your room, crying."
I looked back at Charlie then started petting Raine again, completely ignoring quackity's existence.

***

when they were both finished, I picked up their plates and placed them in the sink for me to wash later.
"charlie, are you ready to go?"
"wait, where are you guys going?"
quackity asked right after Charlie nodded.
"were having a picnic. is that a problem?"
I asked him, obviously a bit annoyed.

he got up and slammed his hands on the table.
"how about you let go of that attitude! I said I'm sorry. it's not my fault, I was drunk! and I think you should know your place. your just a worker here. your only in my house because I'm keeping you away from Wilbur and Tommy!"
he shouted, pointing his finger at me to exaggerate his sentences.

"and I think you should know your place. I think you need to know that I'M above you. yes, you are keeping me away from my brothers, but I could just turn myself in and tell them that you were the one keeping me away. I'm not really sure if you remember that one of my brothers is the one that gave you that scar and is nicknamed 'the blood god' and my other brother is the one that broke your nose. plus, I should also still have ties with your ex-fiancé and dream."

I looked down at him, since he's shorter of course, and got close to his face.
"who is the one with the real power, huh? or has the little baby stopped his tantrum?"

I pulled away and grabbed the slime watching this all go down. quackiry stood there, frozen out of shock.

we both made it out of the casino and left quackity alone. it was going to be a short walk but it was still going to be nice. It would finally get my mind off work and everything. but we would need to be careful about Tommy wandering around and Wilbur's van.

there was a small hill close to Las nevadas. it looked peaceful enough for me and Charlie.