Maria starts glowing bright blue and looks over at me. I stare back at her.

"Don't take him lightly. I'd give him your potions and leave if I were you. Seriously."

Maria shook her head and looks back at the man angrily.

"I won't let you take anything from me. Not a single potion! And stay away from Jay's sword!"

I can't help but smile a little bit. She's definitely not looking to get rid of her potions, but Maira is much more defensive about my sword. How cute.

I burst into flames and activate Berserker.

"I guess we're doing this the hard way."

The tank laughs out loud again pointing his sword at both of us enveloping his body in that blinding white light again.

"I gave the two of you a fair chance to make it through. How unfortunate."

He runs forward at Maria with incredible speed. Seeing him move up close is even more frightening than from a distance. Immediately, Maria creates an Ice wall and deflects the beast of a man's frontal attack. Ice shards fly everywhere as Maria darts away and the brute destroys her defenses in an instant.

I attempt to run in, but the man has his sights focused on Maria. He lets out a yell and I see him smile from ear to ear. His eyes open wide and he throws the long blade at the back of Maria's head. I yell out.

"Behind you-"

Before I can finish my sentence, Maria has already created another wall of Ice, trapping the flying projectile inside while twisting her body around with her own sword at the ready. The tank doesn't change his trajectory in the slightest. He runs full force at the wall of Ice crashing through and narrowly avoiding Maria's incoming blade.

She plants her left hand on the ground and begins to freeze the man's feet in a layer of solid light blue magic, but he breaks free with ease.

The two of them stand 5m apart. I'm less than 20m away sprinting at them with all my might. Maria lunges forward and lets out a yell, the tall orange-haired man does the same.

There's an explosion of ice and snow, then the two of them are on opposite sides of each other 5m apart once again. The man's sword is stuck in a pillar of Ice, and Maria is grinning with her sword pointed at the man's head.

At this point, I've begun my own attack.

I jump in at the unguarded man and swing my sword with a vale of fire surrounding my entire body.

*SHINGGGGG*

I land a cheap shot on the man's abdomen under his heavy chest plate and fly by getting out of the way. I turn around to see the blood-dripping wound and smirk. To my surprise, he's grinning as well....

Maria jumps forward and attacks the wide-open man as well. He stays still and doesn't move a muscle, welcoming her attack with open arms.

*SHINGGGGG*

A direct hit!

Maria's blade penetrates the mans abdomen right below the wound my sword created. It's a deep shot but doesn't quite make it through to the other side.

He looks down at her with a menacing glare and grabs her right shoulder while still skewered by the long silver sword.

The dim white glow all around him begins to shine brightly again.

Maria cries out in pain and I see the man drinking an HP potion through the blinding white light as Maria falls to the ground beneath his feet.

Once the brightness dissipates....