Chapter Seventeen

"So have you talked to Will?" Lisa asked, the two were walking to the Founder's Awards nominee's event

"No, I haven't and hopefully I don't plan on it, Lisa."

"Lex..."

"I have the right to feel the way I feel, Will has moved on, I thought that breaking was for the best at the time and I got sucked back in Lis, holding on to maybe we could work it out and be together but I didn't move on." Alexandria vented.

Stopping in front of Alexandria, Lisa started, "I didn't know you felt like that I'm sorry but maybe it's time."

"Will already thought that I did."

"You mean with Demetrius?"

"Yeah."

"I mean you and him have been getting closer since Aunt Viv's art show," Lisa said with a smirk causing Alexandria to roll her eyes.

"Girl bye and here comes your man," Alexandria said mirroring her sister's smirk as she saw Drew follow behind them.

"Lisa. Lisa. Can you just... Can you just wait?" Drew asked as the two walked into class.

"Oh would you look at that, Ima go say good luck to Carlton," Alexandria said, she pulled her arms out of Lisa's tight grip with a smile and walked over to Carlton.

"Don't listen to Conner his ass is just jealous that you are killing it without him, Carlton you got this."

"Thanks, Lex I needed to hear that."

"Good luck," Alexandria said with a smile before heading back over to Lisa.

"Don't smile at me," Lisa whispered to her sister.

"At least you got a date," Alexandria whispered back with a smile.

"So where's our BSU nominee?" Demetrius asked as he walked over to the three of them causing Lisa and Drew to look at her.

"How the hell am I supposed to know?" Alexandria asked just as Conner started his talking points.

"So as you know, my family was a big part in building this great institution, right? So the foundation and the legacy of this school, they run through my blood." Conner said causing Alexandria to roll her eyes before leaning over to Lisa.

"Just like coke is in his blood." She said causing Lisa to fight the urge to laugh before they turned to listen to Carlton speak.

"And look, I absolutely understand. Right now seems like a dire time to be a student, but my good friend, Obama, says that we, as a generation, were born in the best time in history. We're more likely to be literate, healthy, and free to pursue our dreams. I want to use this award to make good on those dreams. Really..." Carlton spoke just as Will rushed in.