Chapter Seven

♪ ♪ It's like déjà vu, I see it all the time But I won′t run and hide It's like déjà vu, fightin' to survive
I′ve been livin out my dreams, seeing places I never seen Gotta give it my everything, for my mama to see better things ♪ ♪

♪ ♪ It's like déjà vu, I see it all the time  But I won′t run and hide It's like déjà vu, fightin' to surviveI′ve been livin out my dreams, seeing places I never seen Gotta give it my everything, for my mama to see better things ♪ ♪

^ Alexandria's outfit

Alexandria was now walking into the Banks house with her sister, father, and stepmother Angela, they were all putting on the purple pin in honor of lupus.

"Oh, Fred, Angela. You look so lovely. Welcome." Aunt Viv said as she greeted them all.

"Thank you. As do you. This is an amazing event." Angela replied causing Alexandria to roll her eyes as Lisa nudged her.

"Yeah. Looks like you've outdone yourself again, Viv." Their father complimented.

"Well, you know it is for a good cause. How you doing today, Alexandria, Lisa?"

"We're fine." The girls said at the same time but of course, Viv didn't believe it, but she let it slide.

"Well, come on in. Enjoy yourself. I'm sure Phil is around here somewhere." Aunt Viv said as she wrapped her arms around both girls and led them around to show them all the artwork for the silent auction.

........

The girls were now with their aunts and Angela as they talked about the fundraiser in more detail.

"Oh, really?"

"Mm-hmm."

"I didn't know."

"Hey, Lex, Lis." Carlton greeted them as he handed them both their drinks.

"Thank you." They both thanked him.

"With all of these amazing items, I bet we will shatter last year's fundraising total," Angela spoke as the girl took a sip of their water, Alexandria couldn't help but roll her eyes which didn't go unnoticed by her aunts.

"Yeah, I'm sure of it. What do you think, Lex, Lis?" Carlton said to break the awkward silence.

"Hope so," Lisa answered