Chapter Fourteen

Alexandria watched as Will looked at the trophy case as he looked up he saw her standing behind him

"Hey."

"Hey. I hear everyone's all fired up to go to your house." Alexandria said to him.

"Yeah, you know, we're, uh, turning the mansion into protest central." Will started causing her to laugh as she walked to stand in front of him, "Coming through?"

"I was hoping to. You okay with that?" Alexandria asked not wanting to make him uncomfortable.

Looking at her confused he asked, "Yeah, why wouldn't I be? I mean, I know we're not together, but we're still cool, right?"

"Of course we are." She said with a smile before he cleared his throat and he watched her point to the trophy case.

"The trophy they give out now is way bigger than that one."

"Well, that's good. It's gonna look even better when I hold it over my head." Will said with his hands up.

"Everyone cheering you on and... I can see it already." She said with a laugh.

"See, this is why we just click, you know? You see, everybody else around here would've gotten on my ass about being too cocky."

"Oh, yeah? Well, you're a little cockier than usual. You good?"

"Yeah, I'm just being myself. Maybe it's time everybody sees a little bit more of that."

"Right, the West Philly Will," Alexandria said with a little dance.

"That why you're so into this protest with Ms. Hughes?" Alexandria asked getting serious.

"Look, where I come from, we look out for our own. Just 'cause I'm in Bel-Air, that's not gonna change." Will told her.

"Okay, but this is definitely new territory for Carlton. Leading the entire BSU on a walkout for a Black teacher? That's a lot." Alexandria said. She knew how Carlton could get in stressful situations and his anxiety would get the best of him.

"Look, Carlton will be fine. This is exactly what he needs to get his swag back. Trust me?" Will said with a smirk causing her to smile just as the bell rings.

"I'm trusting you, Will." Alexandria before heading to track practice.

" Alexandria before heading to track practice