Chapter Sixteen

"Congratulations, you guys," Alexandria said as she walked over to Will, Yazmin, and Carlton

"Oh, yo, Lex, can I holla at you for a second?" Will asked her.

"Yeah," Alexandria said as she quickly followed Will.

"Can you teach me how to swim?" Will asked as they walked down the stairs.

"Um, I offered my services months ago, and you never took me up on it. Why the rush?" Alexandria said with a smirk.

"Well, my AAU team is doing laps this week, and I cannot be clowned. But I have a secret weapon: The number-two swimmer and number-one track star at Bel-Air." Will said while he wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"Oh, are you sure you're ready for this?" She asked while she pushed his arm off her shoulder.

"Listen, I'm positive I'm not." Will started with a laugh, "But, you know, I feel like I'm in good hands. What, you gotta get Demetrius permission or something?"

"Demetrius? Please? Since when do I have to ask for permission." Alexandria said with a scoff.

"But that's none of my business. Look, are you coming by the crib later or not?" Will asked.

"All right, fine," Alexandria said finally giving in with a smile.

"Yes, saved. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I knew I could count on my girl." Will said as he pulled her into a hug.

"Oh, so I'm your girl when you want something?" Alexandria said with a playful smile as he backed away.

"Come on, you know you're always my ace. A'ight? Hey, don't do that. Appreciate you, girl." Will said with a laugh as he walked backward making an "A" with his hands causing the girl to shake her head with a laugh before heading to class.

She couldn't help but sigh she didn't just miss their relationship, she missed the connection, the laughs, and the fun they used to have but she felt like it was one-sided.

"Hey, Lex you wanna go out tonight?" Demetrius asked as he caught up to her.

"I have work with my aunt Viv today for her art show," Alexandria said, she didn't lie but she didn't tell the truth.

"Damn okay," Demetrius said sadly as he fixed his backpack on his shoulders.

"Look I'll be busy helping with the art show so how about you meet me after the show and we can go out?" Alexandria asked causing him to smile.

"Bet sounds like a plan," Demetrius said with a smile before walking away.