Chapter Two

"Bel-Air Academy, huh? Man, this place is like a college

"Bel-Air Academy, huh? Man, this place is like a college." Will said as he and Carlton walk to the football field.

"Hey, top five high schools in the nation."

"Damn." He said as he turned to watch a girl walk by

"If you're actually here for a better education, jackpot. Oh, and we also have the best lacrosse program in LA." Carlton shaded towards Will as he continued walking

"Wow, a lacrosse flex. Nice." Will said as he patted him on the back

"Look, we have a different set of rules here, okay? If you want to do well, just keep your head down and follow my lead."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Pause, stop flag on the play. Now, I know you didn't just tell me to follow your lead." He said causing both boys to stop.

"Uh, yeah, I mean, I do kind of run the place. Hey." Carlton spoke as a girl rubbed his back in passing

The sound of a whistle blows cuts Will off "Catch you later, cheese eggs."

"Hey, yo, what the hell am I supposed to do? "Will questioned

"As long as it doesn't involve embarrassing me or my family, go for it. Frolic, be creative. Meet me in the locker room at 3:00, and I'll introduce you to the guys." Carlton called back before jogging towards his teammates.

Will noticed a certain person with braids running the track and she was fast, he quickly walked over to the people timing her.

"Hey yo I got it, ima finish timing her." He said as he took the stopwatch from them.

"20.24" Will said as he stops the timer.

" Will, what the hell are you doing here? Wait, did you say 20.24? Okay, yes! Yes," she said jumping up down with Will's arm in hand.

"Oh, whoa, whoa! Come on, now bout to break my arm."  He said laughing

"You got that Mamba mentality, though, I like that. You know, you were out there running fast as hell man out there like Usain Bolt meets Flo Jo." Causing the girl to laugh and smile to be compared to her two idols.

"How about you race me and give me some competition?" She said stepping towards him.

"Nah, you lucky I don't have on my good running shoes I just might buss you on the track."

"Oh, you wish Will" causing both to laugh

"So, I heard there was this beach party tonight. Pulling up?" Will asked the girl

"Wait, you're not, are you? You're Carlton's cousin. Carlton's my best friend who gets very possessive also my sister's ex."

That cause the boy to suck teeth "mean, I wasn't asking you to be my girl or nothing. Just wondering if you were going to the party." He said with a smile causing the girl to roll her eyes at him.