Chapter One

^Alexandria outfit at the top

Alexandria stood at the table with her sister Lisa

Alexandria stood at the table with her sister Lisa. The sisters were attending the Banks family banquet for Philip's run for district attorney but of course Alexandria couldn't wait to leave and get some real food.

"Lex! are you even paying attention?" her sister Lisa asked at her noticed her twin focused on something else.

"Yeah, I was halfway listening I'm not even going to lie to you Lis." She said with a smile causing her sister to roll her eyes and look the direction her sister is staring.

"He's cute." Lisa said

"Girl yes ima go talk to him come on." she dragged her along.

"I don't want to third wheel while you flirt with him." Lisa said as she was dragged away from ladies they were talking to.

"Just act like you're getting food girl, I'll be quick."

" Anything I want" Will said to himself

"A'ight. Hey, papi!" he gained the attention of the chef.

"You think you can make me a cheesesteak, West Philly style?" Will asked the chef

"I think I can make that happen."

"Okay, cool, let me get that with salt, pepper, ketchup, fried onions. Hey, man, don't be afraid to brown them onions. There you go. Yo, matter of fact, man, burn them jawns, man."

"You do know that "papi" runs one of the best restaurants in LA, right? Matter fact can I get one too thank you." Alexandria said then turned to Will with a smile as she waited for hers.

"That don't mean he know how to make a West Philly cheesesteak, feel me? And I'm Will, by the way." He said as he introduces himself

"I'm Alexandria and that's my sister Lisa over there but I'm not gonna lie, I'm loving the kicks with the suit." She complimented as her sister busied herself and still tried to listen to her sister flirt. "Cuts quite a figure from a distance." Alexandria said as she looked him up and down.

"Oh, yeah?" Will asked causing the girl to hum in response.

"Mm. How about up close?" He asked as he moved closer to Alexandria

"Hmm, it's pretty nice up close too."

" You know, you look pretty good too." Alexandria just smiled at him.

"Order up, Philly and Miss" "Papi" said to both of them as he handed Will both plates.

"Yo, good looking out, yo. 'Bout to tear this jawn up." Will said with a laugh as he handed Alexandria her plate.

"I feel you cause they ain't got no real food here." She said causing Will to laugh.

They both took a bite of their cheesesteaks

"Mmm okay this is banging." Alexandria said as she went in for another bite.

"Ooh, ooh. Hey, yo, this jawn crazy" Will said agreeing with her.

"Hey, pap, you making Philly real proud out here. You got family out here or something?" Will said to the chef causing Alexandria and Lisa to laugh at him.

"Nah, Pittsburgh." The chef replied back waving him off with a laugh.

"Philadelphia... the city of brotherly love and clogged arteries. You're a long way from home, Will. Glad you made it in one piece." Carlton spoke as he got closer to the three of them.

"What up, Carlton? How you been, bro?" Will said as he dap him up.

"Uh, good. Hey, Lis, Lex. I see you both met my cousin."

"Yeah. Well, I'll let you two catch up. Nice to meet you, Will, and.. We hope all is well, Carlton. Later. come on Lisa." Alexandria then pulled Lisa to another table.

"Hey, yo, she was cool as fսck. Baddie too. Yo, anyways, man, how you been, bro? It's been a minute." Was the last thing she heard as she made it to a table with her sister.

"I never knew Carlton had a cousin from Philly." Lisa said to Alexandria

"Right! we've all known each other since we were kids and he's never talked about him." Alex replied as she noticed the boys tense conversation.

Just a quick little chapter just to get the feel of the book. I wanted to post hope y'all enjoyed the chapter. 🤍
-Blessing