LV: set the table

Start from the beginning

"Yup, we're leaving school right now."

"Ok, I'm gonna finish up a few things and then head home too."

I set my phone down on the holder before pulling out of the parking lot. 

"Did you want us to make or get anything specific for dinner?" 

"Can we have bulgogi? I like when you make it," Yoongi answers as he shuffles around in his studio.

"Of course, baby. What time should we expect you?" 

"Maybe in about an hour? Is that enough?" 

"More than enough," I nod my head as I navigate my way through the afternoon traffic, "We'll let you get back to it. We miss you!"

"Miss you, daddy!" Chunhei calls out as well.

"I'll see you both soon," Yoongi answers, the smile obvious in his tone, "I love you both. Drive safe and see you at home!" 

The call ends and the rest of the drive home is quiet. At a stoplight, I turn around to take a peek at Chunhei and see that she'd fallen asleep. I mentally awe at the sleeping girl before turning back around. 

After a few more minutes, we finally pull into our parking garage. I park the car and turn around to shake Chunhei awake.

"Princess, we're here." 

After a few more attempts, Chunhei finally wakes up and gets out of the car. We unload our stuff and make our way up to the apartment.

"Go and wash your hands, baby," I help Chunhei take her shoes off by the entrance, "Wanna come and sit at the counter while mummy makes dinner?"

"Yes!" Chunhei cheers, running over to change out of her school clothes and freshen up. I place our bags on the counter and wash my hands before walking over to the fridge to take out ingredients for Yoongi's requested dish. 

After placing the ingredients on the counter, I stop and grasp the edge of the counter as a headache begins to spike in my temples. 

"What the heck," I whisper to myself, trying to steady my stance.

I stay still for a few seconds to catch my breath. Chunhei comes back into the room with her homework folder and pencil case.

"I'll do my homework while you cook, mummy!" She proposes, lifting her arms up at me to signal that she needed a boost to get on the stool.

"What a responsible student," I joke, hoisting her up and setting her on the stool. I push her in and make sure she was safely in the chair with all her stuff laid out on the counter before walking back over to the side of the counter where I had started preparing dinner. 

"Is bulgogi okay for you, princess?"

"Your bulgogi is yummy, mummy!" Chunhei answers, looking up from her worksheet, "Mika is the greatest , that rhymed!"

I laugh and continue preparing dinner. After putting the rice into the rice cooker and starting the bulgogi, I start to notice a bit of pain in my back and shoulders. Before I could think twice, the door unlocks and a tired Yoongi enters. 

"Daddy!" Chunhei cheers, kicking her legs, "I'm stuck up here."

I walk over to the pouting girl and help her down. As soon as her feet hit the ground, she runs over to Yoongi into his already opened arms.

"Hi, Chunnie," Yoongi snuggles her, "I missed you loads."

A muffled "I missed you more" is heard from the crook of Yoongi's neck as his little girl welcomes her father home. The two walk over to where I was cooking and Yoongi quickly wraps me into a back hug. 

"I missed you, love," Yoongi sighs into my neck

"I missed you, too," I lower the heat and turn around to properly hug Yoongi, "Tired?"

"A bit but being home is making up for it."

"You wanna talk about it?" I ask, looking in his eyes for a hint on how today went. 

"Maybe later," He answers, hugging me tighter, "Just wanna be with my two girls for now."

"Dinner should be ready in 5," I run a hand through his messy hair, "Set the table with Chunnie?"

Yoongi whines before detaching himself from me. After some protest, Yoongi and Chunhei get the plates out of the cabinet. 

"Alright, little one," Yoongi starts, coming back to wrap me in a hug, "I helped you get the plates down. Now you set the table."

"Yoongi!" I swat at him, "You have to help her!"

 Yoongi grins before letting go and helping Chunhei set out the plates and utensils.

"I can't even get snuggles from my girl."

"Stop pouting and maybe I'll give you some later."

Yoongi says nothing but continues to set out the plates, a wide grin set on his face. 

*not proofread

*not proofread

a/n: I think I'm leaving more hints than I should... 

question of the day: if you were an animal, what would you be?

my answer: I honestly believe I am a black cat lolol