Kaz's confession

A/n: This is the chapter where Kaz asks Cassia out. Since this is a Wesper book I am going to involve them in this as much as I can so please bare with me.

//

Today was the day Kaz was going to ask Cassia out.

The plan was to take her to the library then have a picnic in a park, full of nature. He did have some help because he clearly needed it.

Wylan is Cassia's adopted son so he knows exactly what she likes which is obvious help. Jesper is one of her best friends so he does the same thing.

They told Kaz which library she likes, what food she likes and where to take her. It's not like he didn't already know this, he noticed things like this in his investments but it was nice to make sure and have some emotional support.

"Okay so you know what to do, right?" Jesper asked, hand on Kaz's shoulder.

Another thing the crows appreciated about Cassia is that she got Kaz used to physical touch over time. At first it was just her but she helped the rest of the crows get their trust with Kaz, Inej and Jesper being the easiest. His trauma is still there but the two are working through it together.

"Yes I know what to do." Kaz said, annoyed.

"Okay but if all off this backfires than just give her the strawberries. For the many dates we went on to make you je- just not so blind, I was gonna say. I learnt that it is the best way" Jesper smiled. He almost gave away the big Cassia-Jesper dating secret.

Kaz nodded, suspicion in his face.

//

The date was going great so far and Cassia seemed to enjoy herself. This was obviously what Wylan and Jesper were seeing while spying on the two, letting a few aws slip here and there.

When it actually came to Kaz confessing it was obvious cause he got all nervous and couldn't hold eye contact.

At this point Wylan was squeezing Jesper's hand so hard there was no way blood was reaching his hand. Wylan let go once Kaz, painfully may I add, confessed his feelings. It was funnier that Cassia's eyes were wide and she had this awkward smile on her face.

It all ended well when the two decided to date, Jesper literally blew his cover by standing up and screaming. Kaz side-eyed him while Cassia just looked confused. Wylan did save it by giving him a big kiss, trying to make it seem like they were also on a date.

The end

//
A/n: I go back to school tomorrow so it might take me a little longer to post and I might do it less often but I'll try. From June 30th I am completely done with high school so I will be posting loads form them on (yes I am going to be a 2023 graduate)