Chapter Twenty Three - Heartbreak

"Good news, the silver poisoning is now been eradicated from their bodies, they will begin to wake up soon.  Once that happens, their wolves also wake up and then you will see a rapid increase in their physical healing" Dr Tor gently smiled, 

"But their mental healing may take longer, from the trauma of the kidnapping and the loss of their cubs.  They are going to need you all to help them through this."

"Thank you uncle" Phayu said, he had hardly left Rain's side.  He looked tired and haggard and Pai was not fairing any better.  Everything still felt like a nightmare to both of them.  

Rain's mum and Sky's Dad were also there now.  Pete had arranged for their travel and hotel expenses.  They were told about the tragic news of the cubs, again tears were free flowing.  

The families had come together to come up with the best way to support the two omegas. 

"I want to kill that evil son-of-a-bitch with my own hands" Ple, Rain's mum cried.  "There seems to be a que for that experience" Vegas told her.  

"Thank you for getting them back so quickly, you have no idea what those arseholes are capable of" Por, Sky's dad said, "They were going to kill them, I would bet my life on it".  Kinn patted his shoulder.

"My poor baby" Ple said as she brushed Rain's hair from his face.

"Mama?" Rain softly called for his mum.  The room came to life as they gathered around Rain's bed, Phayu held his other hand, he held his breath as he watched Rains eyes flutter open.  "Yes, baby?" Ple asked as tears streaming down her face, Rain slightly turned his head.  "Mama?" he asked again.

"I am here, my darling boy" she whispered, she lent forward and kissed his head. "Mama, why are you crying?" Rain asked.  "I missed you, baby" she replied, this made Rain smile, "Silly Mama" he said, his eyes closed again.  

"Rain?" Phayu called his softly, Rain opened his eye and turned his head towards his mate, "Rain, can you hear me?" Phayu asked.  "Of course" Rain whispered, "Phayu? Did you know my Mama is here?".  Phayu kissed his head, "Yes babe, both of us have been waiting together for you to wake up" he explained.

"Wake up" Rain questioned, he then stared at Phayu "Why do I feel like I need to tell you something?" he murmured.  Just then, Rain started to become more aware of his surroundings, "Where am I?" he asked.  Suddenly, his mind let loose all of the images of the kidnapping.  

Rain breathing got faster, "No, no!" He started to fight an imaginary enemy, "Sky!! Sky!" he called desperately for his friend. 

"Rain it's ok, he is in the next bed" Phayu explained, this seem to calm Rain down a bit.  But then he remembered more, "Oh no!" he started to cry, "P'Big and P'Ken, are they dead?  They were shot so many times trying to protect us, Oh! please tell me they are ok" Rain begged. 

"They are ok, Rain, they are both worried about you two" Pete explained, "They are also in the hospital".

Once again Rain calmed down.  They then heard, "Rain, keep it down my head hurts" from Sky's bed.  "Sky?" Pai asked, "You have woken up?"  

Sky eyes opened and took a deep breath, "Oi!" he yelped, "That hurt".  He then started to look round the room, "Pa!" he said in surprise.  "Why are you here?" he asked, Sky dad hugged his son, "Oh my sweet boy, dont you remember?" he asked, "You was hurt"

"Hurt?" Sky questioned, and then he remembered, "Pa! Mum kidnapped us" he said, he looked round the room and say Rain, you could see the relief as soon as he saw his friend.  "We are safe?" he asked Pai. "You are now" Pai said with tears in his eyes.  

Everyone smiled and started breathing again until they heard Rain say, "My baby?".  Everyone turned to stare at him.  He had an hand on his belly and kept looking at this mother and then Phayu.  "Look, I am in hospital, I am not stupid, They would have run tests and they would have told you about the baby" Rain said, "Is my baby ok?" he asked.  

Rain looked at everyone's faces, something was wrong, something was not right.  Why was they so scared.  He looked at his friend, "Sky??" his voice was confused.

Sky looked at Rain, he then said "They told you we are pregnant right?".  He hoped that Rain had not just done a surprise announcement of their cubs.

Sky looked at Pai, he had tears in his eyes but they were not happy tears, they were sad tears.

"P'Pai?? What's wrong, why are you crying like that" Sky started to feel panicky, "Oh Sky, I am so sorry" Pai began as he cuddled him.

Sky knew then that they had lost their cub and he started to cry, "Oh no, please no" he hugged Pai back, "I am sorry Pai, I am sorry"  He cried loudly as Pai rocked him.  "Don't you dare say sorry, this is not your fault." Pai was crying with his mate.  

Rain looked at them in confusion, he looked at his mother, his uncle, his in-laws and finally Phayu.  "P'Phayu, I don't understand, why are they crying, why is everyone so sad?" he asked, he stopped and looked at the tears in Phayu eyes. "Why are you crying" he whispered.

Phayu took a deep breath, "Rain, my sweet boy, I am so sorry" he stopped to take a breath in and placed his hand over Rain's, "Our cub did not make it" he finished.  He looked into Rain's eyes.  He saw confusion and the understanding of loss but then his eyes went dull.  Rain leaned back into his pillows.

"Did not make it" he repeated, "Rain, baby" Ple gently stroked his face, "Listen to mama, its ok"  But she got no response.  "Rain?" Phayu knelt down next to him, "Rain talk to me"

Rain blinked, gave them a ghost of a smile, "I am ok" he said. "Just let me be for a moment"

Everyone was worried, about them.  Sky was crying his poor heart out.  While Rain just sat there in silence.  HIs eyes not giving away his feelings.

Over the next week, both boys had therapy to help deal with their trauma and loss.  Sky opened up about everything and was on the way to accepting and healing, but Rain was different.  He would talk about the kidnapping and was dealing with that in a healthy way.  But if you brought up the loss of his cub.  He would just look though you and tell you that he was fine, it was just one of those things.  Them he would move on.  

They were discharged into their mates care, and Rain walked out of the hospital refusing any more sessions.