Chapter Seventeen - Danger Alert

As the new term started, Rain and Sky's workload began in increased so they spent a lot of time with assessments and tests.  Pai and Phayu where starting to get ready for their last exams.   

Once again, Pai and Phayu were summoned by their parents to attend a important meeting.  They walked in to the room, as soon as they walked in they felt the tension in the air. 

"Ahh good, your here" Kinn said "Please everyone take their seats"   Everyone settled down, 

"First I have to make you all aware that we have accepted a request from the High Council" Kinn made a monition for Kim to step forward, he continued, "Kim will take over the meeting as this is related to an old request we completed eleven years ago"

Kim stood in front of this family, he knew what he was going to shock them.  He opened his slide show and began to explain.

"There have been a rise in the kidnapping of omega's and some beta's for the purpose of breeding.  They are selected for a range of reasons, Hair, eye colour, their wolf spirt or they are a rare breed, for example male omegas."

Pai and Phayu both sat up straighter and the rest of the room was filling with uncomfortable atmosphere. Kim continued. 

"We have had two confirmed attempts this week in Bangkok"  He looked around to let that sink in, "We had intel that this was going to happen, the High Council Investigation team managed to catch on of them, he is currently not talking.  I have made a request for him to be transferred to me, but they are reluctant to do so at the moment. So I have to go by  their methods for now". 

"Someone is brave of stupid enough to try this on our land?" Pete asked the room.  he was not really expecting an answer.  Kim coughed went on, he was getting nearer the part he was dreading.

"Eleven years ago, there was a Pack that was running this kind of trafficking operation was based in the northern district.  They aimed for pre puberty cubs" 

Porsche gasp, "Fuck, I remember now.  This was a special kind of fucked up.  Vegas do you remember Kim asked us to follow up on a container and we found all those little cubs inside?".  

Porsche could still remember all their frightened little faces.  They were somewhere between 8 to 13 years old.  Vegas was so outraged that he shot two of the gang members dead as soon as they were brought forward, it made remaining members sing like birds.  With this information Kim managed to close the net on the Head of the Operation. 

Kim confirmed what Porsche had just said, "They had some high profile clients and even their own pack cubs were not safe from being sold off.  The inside information came from parents two omegas that were going to be sold.  The Pack had an crazy alpha, who believed that omegas and beta's were just objects that catered to alphas and his son was just as bad, he was the one in charge of running the operation.  In fact he was going to sell his own cub because he was an rare omega."

A gasp went around the room.  This was a group of men who were not easily shocked but this was too much! What kind of a father would willing sell his own cub? It made Pete sick to his stomach.

"Now I am going to show you photos and videos of the evidence from that time, please be prepared because"  Kim took a deep breath, he looked like he was in pain, "This is so fucking hard to show you as Rain and Sky are in it"

"What!!" Phayu shouted, he jumped out of his chair.  Pai looked shocked, "Uncle Kim, are you sure its them?" he asked.

"As soon as I met them, I knew that they were two of the cubs I rescued" Kim said quietly.

"Why the fuck did you not tell us?" demanded Pete.

"Because it is their story to tell, not mine" He replied, "Those kids probably don't remember me as they were traumatised at the time.".  

"So Rain's father was going to sell him?" Phayu said quietly, "Yes, and Sky's mother was an elder as she was an alpha, and she was going to sell Sky to a rich politician's son.  One because of the power she could get, and two was because the son was obsessed with Sky".

Kim sighed, "The whole pack was screwed up, but once we got the evidence, we formed a plan with the Hif Council and we saved the ones on the market, and managed to locate the ones that they had already sold.  I suppose it was luck that they had a whistle blower at the early stage.  Let me run though these images and video and then let move on".  

With that he pressed play and the most horrific images filled the screen.  Pai wanted to cry when Sky's photo was shown, he looked so young and scared.  Rain's photo was hard to look at, they had chained him up and gagged him, even as scared as he was - there was a look of defiance and he attempted to shield his friend.  The video stopped and Kim went on to say,

"The high council disbanded the pack, their lands stripped,  The kids of that pack were given a chance with their parents to join another pack, or have protection until they were old enough to meet their mate.  An old alpha who had lost his children offered to set up the protection pack for them to call home.  To this day it is still holding strong, for a young pack, as the children are growing up and choosing to stay within that pack".

"Do we know who is behind this new kidnapping operation?" Kinn asked, "We have an idea, even through they were banished, we think that some of the old elders are behind this" Kim replied.

"Why were they not killed?" Phayu asked angry, banging his hand on the table, "Because their victims were too young or too scared to say what they wanted, expect one" Kim looked at Phayu, "Care to take a guess who?" 

Phayu smiled, as in his heart he knew that his little cutie was a fighter.  The meeting went on to explain what the next stage the plan was and how they go about protecting possible targets.

"But one voice was not enough, I personally offered to make them disappear but I was bound due to my involvement was requested.  The Old Pack Alpha died two years ago, the evidence suggests that his Son, Top, and Sky's mother, Phueng, are trying to rebuild the pack.  They need money and, unfortunately, they have a small following that helping them with this operation.  I will be frank, this kind of "mail order mate", brings in big money.  Only reason that its not widely used, as many wolves still believe that the Moon Goddess decides this kind of fate when giving you and your wolf spirit.  No one wants to go against a Goddess" 

 "Rain and Pai are getting double the guards" Porsche said, in a manner that no one would argue with.

"I agree, they are unmarked and high risk" Pete said.  Phayu started to go a little red at that statement, this did not go unnoticed by his dad.

"Phayu, what's wrong? Why is your face flushed?" he asked, 

Pai who had his Pops wicked sense of humour asked, "Yeah bro, you have gone super red, care to explain?"

Phayu gave him a death stare, 

"OMG! Pete, I think Phayu has marked our little Rain??" Porsches banged the table with his hand, he recognised that guilty look anywhere!

"Uncle Po!" Phayu wanted the ground to swallow him up, "Well have you Phayu?" Pete asked

Phayu nodded his head, "WOW" said Kim, "Hope you used protection"  with that he grabbed his files and left the room with a smile on his face.

"Have you been marked?" Vegas asked, enjoying his son's discomfort. 

"Yes!" he shouted out and then he stormed out of the room, hearing the laughter of his parents.  Pai waved as he followed his cousin out of the room.

"Woo Hoo, planning a wedding next, Po" Pete said to Porsche. "We just need Pai to catch up" Porsche replied, "Then, I am thinking, double wedding!!"

On the way home, the young alphas discussed their next steps.

"Look Phayu, we are going to have to let them know that we know, if we keep this from them" Pai voice trailed off, Phayu knew what he was getting at.  He knew what they had to do.

They had to protect their mates.