vii. | in the loop

Magsimula sa umpisa

Damon let out a malicious side smirk and turned to the blonde. "I can organise a round two."

Jade let out her own smirk and tilted her head dangerously. "Oh, it'll be my pl━"

"Okay, shut up, both of you." Stefan demanded when he and Jeremy returned to the living room. Jade raised her eyebrow at the exclamation. Mind your tone, dipshit. "She's not answering. What did he look like? Did he say anything?" He sat down on the armrest of the chair Bonnie was sitting on, his leg frantically bouncing up and down in anxiety.

Jade sighed, swallowing her bitchy remark. "Well, he didn't offer me a chance to gaze at him, since he was wearing a fucking masquarade mask all over his face, but he was flashing left and right, so all I can say that he was a vampire. And no, we didn't have much time to chat." Stefan cursed under his breath and fixed his gaze on the window, hundred questions swirling in his mind. "With words, at least." Jade continued with a smirk, to which Damon rolled his eyes.

"And then he knocked me out." She finished, taking a gulp out of her glass. Bonnie started to bit her nails, eyes fixed on the floor, Caroline leaned back on the couch, her bottom lip firm between her teeth. She took a quick look at her bruised sister and nipped her finger with her fang, dripping few drops of blood to Jade's glass. Jade widened her eyes, startled by the action. "What the━" She shrieked, and Caroline pointed at her wounds. Jade let out a quiet 'oh' in understanding. She nudged her sister with her knee as a thank you.

"This has Katherine written all over it." Stefan broke the few second silence, wiggling his expanded finger at Damon. "I can almost feel her smirk right now."

Damon let out a snort. "The vampire slut's in the tomb, trust me. I'm the one that shut her in."

Stefan was now right before his brother. "Did you?" He cocked his head to the side, full on suspicion in his voice.

Damon mimicked his brother's mannerism. "Did I what, Stefan?" He narrowed his crystal blue eyes at the other vampire.

Jade leaned toward her sister and whispered, her eyes never leaving the testosterone battle a few meters away. "I'm sorry, did he say 'tomb'?"

Caroline sighed. "Yeah... there's a tomb under Fell's Church that had 26 vampires locked in it for almost 150 years." She whispered back, her eyes not leaving the two wannabe alpha males either.

Jade snapped her gaze from the bickering brothers, tuning them out. She raised her eyebrows at her sister words. "Had?"

"Yeah, they're dead now." She bit her lip with a sheepish look.

Jade pursed her lips and nodded gently, trying to process what she had just heard. "You have a lot of explaining to do." Caroline sighed and nodded, looking very forward to that conversation.

"What did she say?" Stefan asked inquisitively, crossing his arms. His eyes fixed firmly on his brother.

"Elena's in danger." Damon breathed.

"Wha━and you didn't ask her to elaborate?" Stefan huffed and started to pace around the room.

Damon expanded his arm in a desperate manner. "Everything she says is a lie. How am I supposed to know that she starts singing the truth?"

"We have to talk to her." Stefan stopped bouncing like a bunny around the room and pointed his finger at Damon.

"No-no. Let me tell you how that's gonna go━" The vampire brothers continued their bickering, but Jade stopped listening to them. Bored, she started counting how many times they said the word "slut" - it was surprisingly high.