Chapter 65

RACHEL

As I walk into the freezing air, I'm fighting myself not to run towards Ezra but I can't do that because if I do that, he will probably but absolutely hurt me more. I can't even feel my feet with these thin sneakers I'm wearing and with no sweater on but with smelling the dirty air I smell around me, I still can smell Ezra's sweater on my skin because as long as I'm freezing, I can easily be broken into pieces in front of me.

I hear something behind me, a black car has been following me for half a mile now, roll my eyes, "Ezra! Go away–" I scream out, the passenger's window rolls down and it's Henry from work. I barely noticed him wearing workout clothes, "Rachel? It's fucking cold outside. What are you doing?" he says, unlocking the door and reaching down to the radio, to turn down his music, "I'm walking back to... I don't know, just clearing my mind," I lie, and almost saying that I'm going home but it's not my home, it's Ezra's.

"If you want to, I can drive you back to your place or somewhere else. I'm sure that Ezra won't mind," he says nicely. I think Ezra would mind but he's not in my life anymore so I'm old enough to make my decisions; look around the creepy area, didn't know where I was after leaving the bar, I just wanted to be out of the area filled smoke and toxic, "I don't wanna go home but I'm fine. Thanks," I whisper a little, cross my arms to warm myself up and walk away but he follows me more, "Please, Rachel get in. Please?" he begs again. I sign, glance at him with him giving me a warm smile and open the door for me. I don't second guess myself again, get inside and it feels all warm and toasty, "Thank you," I thank him, he nods, "I can drive us to my place and you are than welcome to stay in the guestroom as long you like until you figure out your next move," he suggests like the nice person he is and I nod okay.