Chapter 1: The Mission

There's something, no, someone, coming. No. No, no, no, no. He is already here. I can feel his presence. I can sense it. The magical plane is shaking non-stop. In all my years of magic, I have never seen anything like it.

There are rumors of a man. A man that appeared out of thin air a little over a month. Nothing is known about him. Nothing, except, that he wears a pair of sunglasses. According to the rumors, this man in the sunglasses single-handedly broke Supergirl out of Stryker Island. He saved the poor girl and then, together, they joined the Insurgency. I heard the explosion in the sky was because of him. Supposedly, that was Watchtower.

I can't be sure but I think the reason the magical plane might be shaking is because of him. Magic doesn't flow like it once did. It used to run like a river, just flowing in any and every direction. Now, however, that river is crooked, and the magic isn't flowing. It crashing and it's turning and it's eating and it's throwing. All stuff you never want a river to do. Unfortunately for the man, the wild river had drawn the attention of some dangerous people. The Lords of Order.

The Lords of Order are powerful magical beings with near-limitless power. Their sole job is to ensure 'order' by any means necessary. So the crashing and turning river is very bad for them. I sense it when they revived Kent Nelson to try and destroy the man. When he failed, I then sense it when they give Raven a portion of their powers. Strangely, things were quiet for a while. There's a rumor it's because he went somewhere off of Earth. That was then. This is now. Now, the river of magic is even worst. It's a raging river, eating and splitting things out. Destroying anything and everything it runs past. I know the Lords of Order are disgusted by this and will do anything and everything to restore it to the calm and gentle water it once was. I, however, cannot let them.

Years ago, a dear friend of mine lost his wife and unborn child to the Joker. He drove him mad, and he ended up ruling the world. It was only thanks to Batman and his Insurgency that the world was free, but only for a short time. A few months ago, Superman and Batman had to team up to defeat an alien named Brainiac from destroying the planet. It was then, that Superman defeated Batman and took over again. I couldn't be there to help when Superman lost Lois and I couldn't be there to help Batman when Superman defeated him.

This time, I'll be there. I'll be there to help this strange man in the sunglasses. I will use everything I know to protect him, because without him, the world will once under fall Superman's rule, and I cannot and will not let that happen ever again.