Chapter 11: Under The Sea

As the water beast, or boat, as Xiera now began to call it, began cruising through the sea, it was also then the sun had reached the peak in the sky, shining its radiant beams down and casting its glow on the water.

Usually back at home, the forest was covered by the tall canopy of trees and their leaves, usually blocking out the sun, so Goslingpaw was used to seeing water shrouded in shadows.

Now she was dazzled by the shimmering light that sparkled through the ocean waves, creating an illusion of diamonds sparkling under the glory of those deep blue tides.

The other BlazeClan cats were in sheer awe too. It was their first time seeing the ocean, and they had never seen anything more glorious than the crashing tides of the sea.

"Look! Down there! What's that?" Stonepaw suddenly began meowing in excitement. Most of the clan cats immediately crowded over to see what he had spotted.

It was a sea creature with a dorsal fin on its back, sleek streamlined body keeping pace with the boat as the sun shine down on its leathery grey skin. "There's a hole on its head," Cinderpaw whispered.

"It's a dolphin," Splash Sprint chuckled, amused at how in awe the BlazeClan cats were upon seeing the beautiful sea creature. "And there's more of them. Look!"

To her amazement, there were more of those pretty dolphins nearby, swimming close to the surface of the water and sometimes even sticking their dorsal fins through.

"That hole on their heads is a breathing hole. Dolphins aren't fish, they need to come to the surface to get air," Splash Sprint explained as his eyes watched the cats to make sure they didn't fall over into the ocean water.

"I wanna see! I wanna see!" The squeaky voices of the kits clamouring to see the ocean wonders was ignored by most of BlazeClan, but soon made their way to Splash Sprint's ears.

Turning to the kittens, who were still guarded by Cottonsong, he made his way over and murmured, "May I?" She blinked, stunned, before mumbling, "As long as they're kept safe."

With that, Splash Sprint carefully bent down, gesturing for the kits to climb on his back. Once all of them had climbed onto his back, he mewed, "Now, hold on tight, little hatchlings. We wouldn't want you to fall in the water, would we?"

The kits all squeaked out a little, "Nope!" as their response, and with a smile, Splash Sprint suddenly launched himself into the air and the kits all squealed with surprise and excitement.

Cottonsong hurried over to the rails of the boat where Russet Rush was, and heaved a sigh of relief when she saw that her kits were all safe and sound, clinging onto Splash Sprint's fur as he began soaring above the water.

"Woahhhh!" The kits all gasped in awe as they looked at the dolphins swimming near them, and Splash Sprint spread his wings out wider so they could reach over and try to touch them without falling in.

Mousekit daringly poked a paw down experimentally, and much to her delight, a dolphin actually brushed up against her paw, making soft chittering noises.

"I touched one! I touched one!" She cheered with excitement and joy. Splash Sprint laughed as her brothers made noises of excitement and awe at their sister's feat.

Swiftly cocking his head over, he yelled over, "Goslingpaw, come down here and ride the wind with me!" Goslingpaw blinked in shock. "H-huh? Me?"

"Goslingpaw! Come fly with us!" Cheered Hailkit and Icekit with excitement. "Yeah! Come on and fly with us!" Squeaked Ripplekit and Mousekit.

Glancing over at her foster parents for permission, she smiled when Aldertrail licked her forehead and murmured, "Be safe," while Azurestar smiled and nodded.

Quickly scrambling out onto the ledge of the water monster, she arched her wings back and launched herself into the air, slashing her wings down and propelling herself upwards.

She swooped down so she was level with Splash Sprint, and he gave her a warm smile. "Feel the wind through your feathers, little hatchling?" He called out.

Indeed, she did. The cool breeze riffled through her glossy gold-and-green feathers, and the sun's beams only further reflected their glory, shining down on them and showing off her wings fantastically.

Moments later a sharp gust of wind shot past her head and she glanced up in surprise only to see the russet-pelted Pyro soaring into the great blue sky, russet wings reflected by the sun.

"And there goes Russet Rush showing off again," Splash Sprint chuckled. He got a small shock as Goslingpaw suddenly shot up after him, before he chuckled as he watched the two race each other higher above.

"Cryptids will always be cryptids," he chuckled. "In the end there's always an inner kit in one of us." His amber-hazel eyes gazed upwards affectionately.

"She really is your daughter indeed, my lord Rippling Leaf. I see your spirit in her."