09

"Jungwon!" I hear Mingyu call out. "You have a task" I quickly get up from the table and say goodbye to Niki. I walk into the hallway where Mingyu, Seungmin and Changbin are standing with a man they tied up. "Take him to the basement," orders Mingyu, turning to Changbin. He nods and takes the man roughly to the stairs. "We caught him spying on us. You are the best person to tell if someone is telling the truth or not. Get everything out of him that is useful to us." I nod and follow Changbin to the basement. 

I go into the dark basement room and turn on the light. I sigh, "why are Agus' people always so conspicuous? He should be running out of spies slowly" I say and lean against the wall. "We're not conspicuous!" says the man indignantly. "Who?" I ask, looking at him. "We," he says. "Who is we?" I ask further and walk towards him. "Agus..." the man wants to continue talking, but then seems to have noticed that I set a trap for him. "Damn," he says. "Nice, at least now I know that you really work for him" I smile contentedly. "I won't say anything anymore," the man says resolutely. "Oh yes you will, I promise you". He shakes his head wildly, "I'm not afraid to die. Just kill me but I won't tell a single word!" I walk up to him, "I won't let you die. We're going to make your life difficult that at some point you'll go crazy and just want to get out of here. You are going to talk. I don't care how long it takes. I'm not that stupid after all and I'll give you the luxury of death. Death is the most beautiful thing that can happen to you now." I step back and walk to the door, then turn around again "unless you're talking. If you tell us every little detail, you stand a good chance of getting something to eat tomorrow night." I leave the room and lock the door behind me. 

Mingyu is waiting for me outside. "What did you find out? Why are you already done?" I walk up the stairs with him while I tell him what I have learned and how I intend to proceed. "He actually works for Agus. He doesn't want to talk and I don't think I can get any more out of him now. I'll let him suffer a little. I'm pretty sure he'll talk. We can't kill him, it seems to me he knows a lot. If we kill him, we'll lose a good source of information. That wouldn't make sense." Mingyu nods, "Whatever you say. You know better than me. I just want to meet this asshole. I want to be there when Jay lets him die slowly" I stop before we can go through the glass door "what exactly is Agus about? I don't understand what's going on here." Mingyu looks around "I'm not allowed to talk about this... Jay doesn't want to drag you into this." I look at him "I'm doing the interrogations Mingyu. I need to know what it's about." "I know. I think you deserve to know too, but I want Jay to tell you himself. Please respect that. I'm not betraying his trust." 

With these words Mingyu goes through the door and I follow him with a sigh. I just want to know what's going on. Everyone here seems to know who Agus actually is, but nobody tells me even a bit. Of course I understand that they don't want to cheat on Jay. He should just tell me himself.

----

"Jungwon, come here" tells Jay. I nod and go to him. "Sit down," he says, pointing to the couch in the middle of his large office. I'm quite puzzled, but do what he says. Jay sits down too and takes a deep breath.

 "Agus and my father used to be very good friends. They were best friends. They had been good friends since childhood. They did everything together and nothing could come between them, but then my mother came. They both fell in love with her and they fought more and more often. My mother chose my father and then the peace was over. The two gangs always got along well, but then the war started. After my mother had Heeseung, it got worse and worse. He wants nothing but to kill us. He still thinks my father doesn't deserve it and somehow he's right. Our father left us when Sunghoon was born. Mom was desperate. We would all have died if Mingyu didn't exist. When Heeseung was old enough, he started to build us up again. Things got better and now look at us. Everyone fears us. Agus only goal in his entire life was to destroy us. When we reported him for the drugs, his anger only increased. I can understand him. It's awful when love isn't returned, yet his anger has grown to the point where he's not thinking straight. There are still many smaller things that happened. I don't know some of them myself. I'm sorry I'm just now telling you all this." I look at Jay. I just look at him. 

"You are incredibly strong," I state. "I have to be," he says. "You might think it's easy to be here. You really want to come with me. But once you're there, you'll wish you were here again. It's damn hard to kill a human Jungwon. If you kill your first human, you're going to feel damn miserable. No matter how bad or evil that person was." I look at him and nod, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have underestimated that" Jay nods, "You really shouldn't."  I look down, embarrassed. "Now at least you know what's going on here," says Jay. 

"Jungwon?" he asks after I don't respond. I raise my head and look at him. "I'm sorry you have to go through all this Jungwon." I nod "It's my own fault" I pause for a moment "But you know? I don't want to leave here anymore. You are my family. I finally have family.
Jay smiles and nods "I've never told this story to anyone who hasn't been with us then" I look at him "I would be proud if it wasn't such a bad story." Jay nods and smiles slightly. "You are a good person Jungwon. To be honest, I'm also glad that you were so curious. I'm glad you're here." 

"Boss!" comes the voice from below. We both get up. "Come on!" says Jay and I follow him downstairs. "I've got something," Niki says when we get downstairs.