07

When I want to go downstairs in the evening, I hear Jay talking in his room."Is there something new? I have to catch him!" 

When he hangs up I hear him swearing. I knock on his door "everything okay?" He just nods, "What's going on? Do you need something?"
I shake my head and want to leave again. "Jungwon wait"
I turn and look at him questioningly. "Can you promise me that you will take care of yourself?". 
 I nod "why?" 

"You don't need to know that. I've dragged you into enough already," he says, crossing his arms. I shake my head, "I think I deserve to know what's actually going on here. I've been here long enough. I've been doing exactly what you want for two years. I have never made a mistake. Why don't you trust me?" He takes a step toward me. "The mistake, Jungwon, was that you stuck your nose into my affairs. You wouldn't be here if you just stayed in your damn house! I wouldn't have to protect you."
I look at him "but you do it. You protect me and I have no idea from what. You can't always do everything on your own!"
He sighs and sits on his bed "I'm just worried! You don't know Agus. He is capable of anything!"
"I don't know him, right! That makes it all even more dangerous. If you don't know your opponent, you've already lost. That's what you said to me!" 

He runs his fingers through his hair "It would all be so much easier if Heeseung was here," says Jay desperately. I nod "I know...Did he say when he'll be back?" I ask and Jay shakes his head. "He comes and goes as he pleases, this irresponsible idiot".I go to him and put my hand on his shoulder "you can do it," I say and look at him encouragingly. 

When there's a knock on the door, we both jump. Jay gets up quickly and opens the door. When he sees who is in front of the door, he looks pretty happy. I also go to the door and recognize Jake. "Jake!" I say happily and hug him. Jake was gone for quite a while as he had been given the task of spying on someone, which I hadn't really noticed much about. 

Jay asked Jake and Han back home to keep an eye on Agus for him. That's why he arranged a meeting later, where we can all learn more about it. He's pulled all his best men back from their missions to focus on Agus."Hey Jungwon! How are you? We haven't seen each other for so long," Jake begins happily."I have to do something. I'll see you at the meeting tonight" Jay says to me and I nod at him. 

When he's gone down the stairs, Jake and I slowly walk down the hall together to go down the stairs and sit on the sofa."Did Jay tell you anything? You guys seem even closer compared to the day we last saw each other," Jake states. I shake my head "he almost never tells me anything. I have a feeling he's still trying to keep me out of things... I chose this life after all," I sigh. Jake puts a hand on my shoulder, "He doesn't let Sunghoon participate either. I think you, Sunghoon and his mother are just too important to him and he doesn't want to admit it. He doesn't like letting you out because then he can't protect you." 

I look down and think about Jake's words. Maybe he's right, maybe Jay just doesn't trust me enough. 

----

 In the evening we all stand in Jay's office and wait for his return. He's usually always on time, which is why I'm starting to worry. He never skips a meeting or starts it later. Almost all of our team are here now. 

I'm standing next to Niki, who is quite excited as it's his first meeting. On my right is Sunghoon, who is also concerned that his brother doesn't show up. 

After another ten minutes, Jay finally shows up. When I see the door open and he step in, I feel relieved. He stands at his desk, "I'm sorry I'm late. I've called you all here because now I'm going to tell you what we're going to do. Agus is back and we all know he will do anything to destroy us. We have to be prepared for that. Our advantage is that he doesn't know that we know he's already out. You who stand in this room are the ones I trust the most to accomplish this task. I trust you and you know what happens to those who betray my trust. I hope I can count on you?"

"Yes, boss," echoes across the room. "Jake, Han, Felix and Bangchan" says Jay now. Those addressed step forward and nod. "I want you to track him down and find out what he's planning. I want to follow his every step. Whatever he does, you report it to me. It's all important, understood?" "Yes boss", answer the four. "Good. Get to work." 

Jay keeps handing out orders until almost nobody is left in the room.I go to him "I also want to do something. You can't lock me in here all the time Jay. Please let me do something." He turns to me and looks at me "You're not ready for such a big fight," he says simply.
I cross my arms "I can fight! I don't want to feel so useless all the time!"
"You have no idea how dangerous this is!" Jay says in a serious voice.

"You're sending the others away, too," I remark, annoyed. "But you're not the others," he hisses.

"No discussion Jungwon. You're ready when I tell you you're ready." I turn and walk out of the room. How can he be so dogged? 

I go to my room and slam the door behind me. 

Why is he so unfair?