13 ┊: Unicorn

Y/N P.O.V

We followed Hagrid and his dog in a straight line as we walked into the forest, the forest trees were the tallest trees I had ever laid eyes on, and there was a mist surrounding the floor all around. When we were at least farther in Hagrid put the crossbow down and kneeled down as he dipped hai fingers into a silver like substance, he pulled up his fingers and the goo dropped from them as he rubbed his fingers together.

Hagrid stood back up, "Hagrid, what is that" Harry asked "What we're here for" Hagrid said, he raised his fingers, "See that, that's unicorn blood, that is, I found one dead a few weeks ago"Hagrid said, worry and sadness filed our faces. "Now, this one's been hurt bad by something" Hagrid said, Harry looked around as if he had heard something, Hagrid also looked around.

"So, it's our job to go and find the poor beast, Ron, Hermione, you'll come with me" Hagrid said "Okay" Ron in a scared tone "And, Harry, Y/N, you'll go with Malfoy" Hagrid said, Me and Harry gave smalls nods. "Okay, then I get Fang" Malfoy said "Fine, just so you know, he's a bloody coward" Hagrid said, Malfoy's face went from secure to insecure as Fang whined.

We all set off, Malfoy was carrying the lamp, "You wait till my father hears about this, this is servants stuff" Malfoy said, "You don't ever stop talking to do you" I said, Malfoy shot me a glare, "If I didn't know better, Draco, I'd say you were scared" Harry said "I'm not scared, Potter" Malfoy said, a noise rang behind us, "Did you hear that" Malfoy asked "Nope, clearly not scared" I whispered, Harry heard and smiled, "Come on, Fang...scared" Malfoy said.

We kept walking deeper into the forest, Fang began to growl, "What is it, Fang" Harry said, Malfoy looked frozen, Me and Harry looked ahead, I saw a unicorn on the ground and a black cloaked figure above it, Harry's right hand touched his forehead and he looked like he was in pain. The figure looked up at us, unicorn blood dripping from it's mouth, it was sucking out it's blood, Malfoy screamed and then him and Fang ran off, Harry looked back, also leaving us without light.

The figure swiftly started floating over towards us, I could hear Malfoy's screams still from behind us, Me and Harry began to back up as the figure stood up straight and began to float towards us slowly, Harry tripped backwards over a branch, I went to his side and tried helping him up but he was moving to much trying to go back, I then started to hear hooves.

Harry pulled me down towards him as a half human centaur jumped over us and began to throw it's hooves at the figure scaring it off and it floated up and away. I stood up and helped Harry up, "Harry Potter, you must leave, you are known to many creatures here" The centaur spoke as he walked towards us "The Forest is not safe at this time, especially for you" The centaur said "But what was that thing you saved us from" Harry asked "A monstrous creature, it is a terrible crime to slay a unicorn" The centaur said as he sadly looked at the dead unicorn "Drinking the blood of a unicorn will keep you alive even if you are an inch from death, but at a terrible price, you have slain something so pure, that from the moment the blood touches your lips, you will have a half life, a cursed life" The centaur said "But who would choose such a life" Harry asked "Can you think of no one" The centaur asked.

I began to think, "Do you mean to say that thing that killed the unicorn... that was drinking it's blood that was Voldemort" Harry said, I shivered at the name, my Dad had told me stories of the man's horrible rain of terror, how bad it was back then. The centaur leaned in, "Do you know what is hidden in the school at this very moment, Mr. Potter and friend" It asked "The sorcerers stone" Me and Harry said.

I heard Fang's barking as Hagrid and everyone else approached us, "Harry, Y/N" Hermione called out "Hello there, Firenze, see you've met our young Mr. Potter and Mr. Y/L/N, you both alright there" Hagrid asked, Me and Harry both nodded, "Harry Potter, this is where I leave you, you're safe now, Good Luck" Firenze said and trotted away.

After that Hagrid led us back to the castle, Malfoy shot us all a glare and walked away back to his common room, we went back to the Gryffindor common room and were now around the fire lit chimney and Harry explained everything. Ron and I were on the couch, his cloak and tie were gone, Hermione was on a armchair and still had everything on, Harry had his tie undone, "You mean, You-Know-Who is out there right now in the forest" Hermione said "But he's weak, he's living off the unicorns, don't you see, we had it wrong" Harry said as he paced around "Snape doesn't want the stone for himself, he wants the stone for Voldemort, with the Elixir of life, Voldemort will be strong again, he'll...he'll come back" Harry said as he sat down on another arm chair.

"But if he comes back... you don't think he'll try to kill you, do you" Ron asked hopeful "I think if he'd had the chance he might have tried to kill me tonight" Harry said, Ron visibly gulped, "And to think, I've been worrying about my positions final" Ron said as he looked down "Hang on a minute, we're forgetting one thing, who's the one wizard Voldemort always feared" Hermione asked, Ron and Harry looked at each other confused, "Dumbledore" I said, Hermione looked proudly at me, "Yes, as long as Dumbledore is around, Harry, you're safe, as long as Dumbledore is around, you can't be touched" Hermione said and gave a small smiled to Harry who gave a small back and a nod.