CHAPTER - 37

Happiness

When Jeongguk woke up it was almost evening. He felt a weight on his chest, he looked down and saw Taehyung peacefully sleeping, a pout adorned on his lips.

Jeongguk smiled as he kissed Taehyung's forehead and laid there admiring a sleepy Taehyung after turning off the movie which was still running on the TV. He even in his wildest dreams never dreamt of having Taehyung so close to him. But here he was, at the receiving end of Taehyung's love, his smiles, his shy gazes.

And now when he did received them, he can not fathom what will he do when it will end. Now that he got the taste of Taehyung's love, he have become a little greedier. So, he is determined to never give Taehyung any chance to slip from his grasp. He will become the man that Taehyung desire, his safe place.

He remember what his grandfather told him in his childhood when he had asked how his grandparents have such a strong bond. His grandfather had only said one single line, but that line got stuck in his brain.

'Be for your lover as a sweet vacation, a place of safe harbour, of laughter and tenderness, for only then can your loving bond stay healthy for a lifetime.'

He will become all that for Taehyung and will never give him any chance to leave him. But what he don't know is that he is already Taehyung's safe place, his happiness.

He came out of his thoughts when he felt a peck on his lips. He turned his gaze towards now awake Taehyung who was smiling beautifully at him.

"Hey" He whispered.

"Hmm" Taehyung hummed as he shuffled a bit and settled his face in the crook of Jeongguk's neck.

"We should get up now. Do you want to see sunset?" Jeongguk asked, knowing very well he will receive a positive answer and he was right when,

"Yess!" Taehyung almost shouted, looking excited, "I love sunset, especially near water bodies."

"Then let's get fresh and go outside." Jeongguk said as he got up from bed and walked towards his bag, searching for something to wear.

"Hmm." Came the muffled reply. He turned and saw Taehyung sitting on the bed, his blanket all over him, buried like a baby burrito.

Jeongguk smiled as he walked towards Taehyung and helped in untangling him from the blanket.

"You get fresh here. I'll use another washroom." Jeongguk said when he saw Taehyung strolling towards his bag.

After receiving an "Okay" from the Taehyung he left the room. When he came back half hour later, he saw Taehyung already waiting for him.

"Shall we go?" Jeongguk asked as he offered his hand to Taehyung.

"We shall." Taehyung said, forwarding his hand for Jeongguk to hold.

Jeongguk smiled and he held his hand, gently kissing on his knuckles, then intertwining with his own fingers.

As they went downstairs, they saw that no one was there, but sounds of laughter could be heard from the backyard so they went there.

"Mom we are going outside." Jeongguk said, smiling after seeing his family having a good bonding time.

"Okay. But make sure to come back by dinner." Mrs. Jeon replied and immediately went back to the conversation she was having with Jeongguk's aunt.

They both came outside and sat down on the huge rock. Taehyung leaned on Jeongguk and they both looked in front of them towards the vibrant yet soothing streaks of colour that had filled the canvas of the sky. There were strokes of pink and orange that resembled the soft, supple skin of a perfectly ripened peach. As if God graffitied rainbow-flame upon the evening sky, the sunset came in its boldest blaze.