Chapter 137: Mental Demon

Start from the beginning

Kong Hou did not wake up from her meditative trance, but her spirit energy was already instinctively protecting him.

Pressing against his no-longer aching chest, Huan Zhong looked silently at Kong Hou and laughed out loud.

He had already received a gift from the heavenly path in this lifetime. This gift was precious and nothing in the world could rival it. Everyone felt he was powerful and unrivalled. Only she would still have thoughts of protecting him even when she was in a trance.

When she ascended, he could only stay in Lingyou World. No one but his sword would keep him company.

Separation…

They were going to separate in the end.

##

As Jin Yue and Qiu Shuang finished speaking and Qiu Shuang stood to leave, she stopped and looked at the green leaves falling off the trees by the doorway. Jin Yue turned to look at Sword Cry Peak, his expression odd. “Spirit energy is entering Sword Cry Peak.”

The fast-spinning spirit energy would cause discomfort in the spirit plants. The leaves would fall off.

He looked worriedly at Qiu Shuang. The news of Celestial Kong Hou’s Mind Manifestation could be concealed, but if she reached Projection Stage in a short month, what excuse could they use to cover this up?

“Not Kong Hou.” Qiu Shuang shook her head with certainty. The sky was blue and cloudless. This did not look like someone was having an ordeal, but like a storm of spirit energy created when a powerful person’s meridians were in chaos.

The two changed expression and thought of a person at the same time. They flew towards Sword Cry Peak without even thinking.

Pebbles spun and tiles flew all over the place on Sword Cry Peak. The disciples of Splendid Cloud Sect grabbed onto the pillars of the buildings, but still remembered to keep their eyes open to see what was happening.

Lin Hu quickly pulled all the disciples together and made a boundary in the hall, so the spirit energy and winds could not harm the people on Sword Cry Peak.

“Elder Lin, what is happening?” Xiao Dong, who had come with things from his master, looked with worry and shock at the crystal tiles being blown away by the wind.

“I do not know yet. Stay in the boundary and do not leave.” Lin Hu summoned his lifebond sword. “I am going to see.”

After Lin Hu left, the disciples of Splendid Cloud Sect and Radiance Sect looked at each other. The disciples of Radiance Sect mostly did not like to talk. The Splendid Cloud Sect disciples had lived for a while in Sword Cry Peak, but for the face of their sect, they had been restrained. They appeared calm and cold except for when they ate.

The wind howled outside, and all of their hair was dusty and messed up. They were all disheveled.

Wu Chuan used a few cleaning spells on himself. Seeing the Radiance Sect disciples standing straight with dust and dry leaves on their bodies, he couldn’t help but ask, “You will not clean up?” If they did not act, he wanted to pull the leaves off for them.

Xiao Dong and the other disciples forced a smile and copied Wu Chuan in using a few cleaning spells on themselves. They, as apprentices of Radiance Sect, had sword attendants or servants. They usually did not have to do things like cleaning.

Cultivators like them with high cultivation but low living ability seemed clumsy when they took care of these minor matters. A disciple who recently reached Base Building even made a hole in his robe when he used a cleaning spell.